Review: Farming Simulator 17 (PS4)
Take on the role of a modern farmer in Farming Simulator 17.
- Graphics have been remarkably upgraded from the detail to the lighting, It just looks a whole lot better.
- Male and female characters to choose from.
- Handful of uniform colours.
- All vehicles now have a radio! Listen to rock, Pop or classical as you plow the fields.
- Mod support option with a few to start you off. Easy management with a tick system before booting your save.
- Performance is a lot better, Less screen tearing or frame drops.
- Online co op with join/host settings and password, Auto save, Friends only and auto accept options.
- Full optional tutorial section. In game you fo have access to a brief overview section.
- Ten save slots.
- Career difficulty: Easy, Medium and Hard.
- Two new maps: Go;Crest Valley and Sosnovka. Both have a lot more vibrant and atmosphere to them. Big huge maps with little villages and towns within them.
- Decent loading times.
- Hidden collectibles are back and this time they are golden nuggets.
- Trains! Now you can load/unload your wares with the crane and transport produce at a must faster rate with the train. You get to drive it so all good.
- Save when you want.
- Borrow/Repay money with the bank whenever you like.
- Map can be made bigger, Minimize it or even turn it off completely at the touch of a button.
- Helpers are back and this time they send you a message when they are done or if they get stuck.
- Detailed options to customise your game. From currency type to plant growth speed and daylight time. It has an option for just about anything and everything.
- Farming jobs are wood cutting, Herding animals, Growing and selling crops and taking on missions.
- Side missions are timed jobs you do for other farmers and can be found around the map at various fields.
- More life to the game with more people walking about as well as more cars on the road.
- Uses the touch pad to enter the shop and buy things.
- Full Platinum trophy.
- Two views which are outside the vehicle or the drivers seat. You can zoom in and out of the out of vehicle view.
- Authentic sounds and noises.
- Handling is still on the light side and feels way too loose.
- Collisions are still comical. Hit another car and you can expect to go all over the place. In short it doesn’t look very realistic.
- Control layouts have changed from last time and it takes some getting used too. What used to be a button press is now a hold down a button and move a stick a certain way.
- Text is a bit on the small side.
- Reading the map can still be tricky as it is a very busy place with little help.
- Graphics - 9/109/10
- Sound - 9/109/10
- Accessability - 8/108/10
- Length - 8/108/10
- Fun Factor - 9/109/10
Farming simulator is back and better than ever, The game looks incredible. The two new areas really up the ante of the whole game, You feel like you are actually in a working town with real people. A few of the old issues like collisions are still here but its coming to the point now where that almost feels like a staple Farming Simulator feature. The game defiently runs alot better and all the new animals, Crops and brand names makes it all that much bigger. Fans will love the updates whilst new players have an excellent game to get your Farmer Giles on. In short this game is very much the best one yet and well worth a look plus it has fricking trains man.