Review: Gods Will Be Watching
- Pixel art graphics with a huge attention to detail. Graphics are very similar to Sword and Sworcery.
- Point and click game.
- The animations in the game are wonderful, Even down to just sitting by the fire. Pixel porn at its finest.
- Controls couldnt be any simplier, Using just the mouse you can do everything you need too in game.
- Two difficulty options easy and hard all though in truth its more a case of hard and impossible.
- Brilliant soundtrack through out the game.
- The game has a core story but getting to the end is a different experience everytime. For what people say and do is randomised so you always have to be on your toes.
- The story is all about making hard choices to survive, Managing your resources and basically doing what ever you can to survive.
- The game is rock hard, I mean the first level will probably take you at least a handful of attempts to not neccesarily beat but to get an idea of what needs to be done.
- Each chapter brings more challenge and a higher degree of patience and skill.
- You can save and quit when ever.
- Steam achievements.
- When you fail a level you will get a really cool game over screen, giving details on how well you did from how many people surveved/died, actions taken etc.
- The atmosphere is a tense one.
- You can interact with people in a variety of ways from talking to them,kicking them,shouting at them and even shooting them in the leg.
- Small file size.
- The game is hard, its so hard i had to write it twice!
- No mid level saving.
- No tutorial on what to do or what is expected of you.
- Opening level is really tough and frustrating.
- Later levels bring a more resource management balancing act to the game and kind of drags it along.
- Inconsistent difficulty spikes. one level may be rock hard where as the next one could be a breeze, Its just not a smooth ride.
In Summary, the game looks awesome and despite it being one of the hardest games i have ever played, its a feast to behold. It took me hours to beat the first level and when I did the rush of satisfaction made it all worth it. Of course two hours earlier I was contemplating shutting my Steam account down and starting a new one and pretending I never played the game. Its that sort of feelings that the game draws out of you, Its actually quite clever when you tink about it. it can one minute have you going stir crazy but once the mist descends, A quick click in a different part will have you shouting for joy. it is a good game but it is a challenge and you will be tested through out. i do not want to give any story away or too much of what is in store as it will cheapen your experience. You need to see what it has to offer because you earned it. Bottom line is this game is tough pixel love!