Review: Magic The Gathering– Duels of the Planeswalkers 2015
Hunt bigger game on a bold new adventure with Magic 2015—Duels of the Planeswalkers! Explore the rich storyline of Magic 2015 and sharpen your game. Magic 2015 is the best way to learn to play Magic: The Gathering.
- Some beautiful artwork used in game. Cuts cents are few and far between but when present, Bring some high level visual delights.
- Huge in depth tutorial that is split into categories like deck building, attacking and starting out,.
- Full online leaderboard support with filters for decks, levels and friends.
- Full detailed statistics screen.
- Buy new decks from the store with real money.
- Gallery shows off the games artwork and allows you to re watch any unlocked videos/images.
- Slick easy to use interface.
- Three difficulty levels against AI: Mage, Archmage and Planes Walker.
- Subtitles on and off.
- Hints can be turned on and off.
- Option to choose how your hand is displayed. You can sort it by card type, mana cost, card colour etc.
- You can view every card available in the game. Change the catalogue view, filters and much more.
- Create your own decks and you have auto complete options.
- Unlock online multiplayer.
- Card battling gameplay. Build decks and fight!
- DLC introduces new characters, Cards and powers. Also boasts it’s own levels and story and has a self contained feel about it.
- In game you have timer countdown on every step of the game flow.
- Practice duels.
- Can restart and concede games.
- Handy overlay mechanic which is basically a on screen help system. Activating it will put a load of icons on screen and clicking them will give explanations and tips.
- So much to do, Explore, Battle and collect cards.
- 1100 Gamerscore.
- Solid game.
- Unlock titles and player avatars.
- Four main campaigns to play through.
- excellent musical score with some great voice work and sound effects.
- The DLC is cheap and with that brings so much content.
- In App Purchases.
- You have to unlock modes like online by finishing certain modes first.
- Cannot remap the controls.
- No way to customise the play ground.
- huge and I mean huge steep learning curve.
- Not good for quick Gamerscore.
- Not a pick up and play title.
- Really Bland game field with minimal activity.
In Summary, The game is one for the fans of the physical game. I had no previous experience with the game series and found it really tough. It took hours to grasp the basics, Even then I still feel I missed out on things. the game has so much content and so much scope that anyone willing to put the time in, Will get a lot from it. So in short it’s Bland in gameplay visuals but has so much going on under the hood. Prepare to learn and reap the reward.