Review: Mutant Football League (Steam)
Mutants and monsters unleash maniacal carnage on the gridiron in this crazy gore fest of arcade-style football. Packed full of humor, intense online multiplayer action, and strategy.
- Decent graphics.
- Steam achievements.
- Video settings- Resolution, Graphics quality, Windowed.
- Graphics settings- Quality, v-sync, Texture quality, Shadows, Shadow resolution and ultra wide support.
- Full controller support.
- Six game modes- Play now, Season mode, Playoffs, Online game, Team scouting, and practice.
- Can rebind keyboard controls.
- Online options- Random, Private or join private.
- 18 teams each with a team rating out of 100. Real places but different team names.
- Madden style UI system in the game for picking plays, Meaning its quick and clear when picking plays on the fly.
- Season options- Speed, Quarter length, Dirty tricks, resurrection, Karnage level and difficulty.
- NFL gameplay with OTT violence meaning it is very close to a fast action Blood bowl style game.
- Full commentary
- .You can bribe refs, Use bombs and weapons to get the edge.
- So much fun to play.
- Faithful to the original.
- Solid gameplay.
- Hilarious deaths and hits.
- You can unlock higher tier teams.
- Brilliant animations.
- Can quickly get into the action.
- Controls are straightforward enough, Madden players will feel right at home.
- Very atmospheric with fan chanting and smack talk.
- AI can feel cheap.
- Some of the animations are bit horrible and junk.
- Random crashes.
- Some dubious tackles.
- Whilst solid the game still feels a bit behind Blood bowl for pure atmosphere and adrenaline.
- Graphics - 9/109/10
- Sound - 9/109/10
- Accessability - 9/109/10
- Length - 9/109/10
- Fun factor - 9/109/10
Now this is how you do a modern take on a classic game, It manages to maintain the game’s charms and uniqueness but also modernize the controls, UI, and graphics. It is very much a pickup and play title and even non-football fans will find enjoyment thanks to the adult humour and over the top fouls and tackles. Really enjoyed this game and sits next to Blood Bowl for my Football fix. In fact, you could say this is like Blood Bowl without the turn-based gameplay.