Review: Of Guards And Thieves
Of Guards and Thieves is a multiplayer stealth game in which high-powered guards face off against fast and elusive thieves in a contest of wits. Outsmarting the enemy and shooting your way through to the goal are equally valid strategies.
- Chunky cartoon graphics.
- Cops and robbers game where robbers have to steal an item, Whilst the cops have to patrol the grounds and shoot on sight.
- Robbers use a night vision filter and can use different interactions/shortcuts in the level, Tings like air vents can be used by robbers only.
- Cops have just torches to see but can switch lights on in room and hallways.
- Amazing shadow and lighting effects that look brilliant and add so much atmosphere.
- Simple controls with the game adopting the simple WASD, mouse is used for aiming and LMB is for shooting. E is for level interaction and R for reload.
- Set up your own public/private server with an invite system. you can password the site.
- Earn exp to level up.
- Four classes to pick from on each side. Consisting of a medic, a heavy, a scout and a soldier. Each class has their own unique weapon loadouts, gear and movement/health points.
- Graphic options allow you to change resoluition and put AA on.
- Different modes outside of the standard steal items mode. you can have zombies, bomb defusaual and the brilliant football game. Football is worth the price alone.
- Spectator mode is used when joining an already in progress game.
- Handful of maps with clear room names on each wall. the levels are varied and have loads of routes,rooms and possibilities.
- Gameplay is very much like CS:GO with a bit of Monaco.
- Loading into games is really quick and finding a game is no problem.
- No proper tutorial section yet.
- Practice area would be nice.
- As a guard it can sometimes be hard to know what your role is.
- Aiming is very loose and for some classes require a pixel perfect shot.
- No Steam integration like achievements, cards, cloud save etc.
In Summary, The game is brilliant fun and even more fun with friends. one thing it does well is it makes playing online with strangers fun. The levels are really well designed and look fantastic. The lighting mixed with the tension of finding robbers is just brilliant. Tension, anxiety, fear, planning under pressure is all in the game. The different modes are a good distraction except football, Football is the best mode in the whole game! Armed with just a knife, you can hack at players, shoot, volley and header the ball over 2 different pitches. You can pick different players but its just a cosmetic thing at the moment. It has its bugs but the overall fun factor is too high that you overlook them. The game is still very much in early access and for that a few bugs do pop up. the devs are comitted with a slew of constant updates and changes. You can see what features are coming as they show on the menu and you can submit suggestions. But as it is, its worth buying if you want a different take on CS:GO or fancy a bit of sneaky sneaky action your in for a treat. i love the game and will continue to watch it grow.