Review: Plantera Deluxe (Nintendo Switch)
In Plantera you build your own garden and watch it grow with new plants, bushes, trees and animals. As you play and expand your garden you will attract Helpers, round blue creatures that will help you with your harvesting tasks.
- Nice cutesy cartoon graphics.
- Has its own Achievements.
- 64.2MB Download size
- Clicker gameplay. The game can actually play itself.
- Three save slots.
- Full touchscreen support.
- Four animals to place in your farm. They can drop items worth more gold than others. Pig for example can dig up one of a handful of items all varying in gold amount.
- New Horse animal added to the game.
- Five tree types to unlock and plant. Fruit will drop once ripe, You can of course click on them before that.
- Five bush types to unlock and plant.
- Five plants to unlock and plant.
- Christmas theme_Change the landscape to a snowy Christmas effect.
- You can play the game with the face buttons.
- Scarecrow and dog can be purchased and they will ward off intruders.
- Several intruders will attempt to steal your fruit! From moles, Ladybugs to wolves and foxes.
- Multiplier: You can purchase upgrades to increase the amount of gold you get per click on all items in your garden.
- Alarm clock: This sets how long your helpers will work after you turn the game off. You increase it by the hour.
- Bigger garden areas from previous versions.
- Stupidly easy to get into too.
- Earn EXP and level up to unlock new items and improve current unlocks.
- Unlock extensions to your level. You have three arrows you can click that sends you to the far left, far right or centre.
- Lacks any real depth.
- The music is not good, It will drive you to the mute button so fast.
- Feels a bit like the helpers don’t always “help” they seem to spend more time just walking backward and forwards.
- Using the menu is clumsy.
- Face button control is painful due to the slow cursor speed.
- Can only change themes from the front menu.
- Graphics - 7/107/10
- Sound - 6/106/10
- Accessability - 8/108/10
- Length - 6/106/10
- Fun Factor - 7/107/10
For this being a newer more content packed version, Plantera deluxe does add some cool new features but it doesn’t quite nail the longevity of the game. Yes, you will have an addictive streak in you but the long-term reward is not there and it outstays its welcome after an extended time. The Christmas theme is a nice bonus and looks cool but it is just a skin and doesn’t add anything else cosmetic or mechanically. I still like playing the game every now and then but with so many clickers on the market, this one just falls short of must play. Solid effort though.