Review Pool Nation Steam Edition
Pool Nation, is the ultimate pool game – with eleven addictive game modes, including the adrenaline pumping Endurance, extensive career modes and seven exciting online modes including the new Speed Pool!
- Vibrant bright lush graphics. The shine of the balls, The detail of the neon backdrop, The game is a visual masterclass.
- 360 pad support but keyboard and mouse works so well. For the first time in a long time, Both control methods are as good as each other. Controls are simple and minimal.
- Flashback button allows you to retake any shot at any time. Made famous in racing games, This is the first time used in a pool game. You have a set limit of flashbacks.
- Huge array of video options from resolution to graphic card selection,AA settings and v-sync. If it needs tinkering then chances are you will find what you need in this game.
- Steam achievements/cloud support.
- Gameplay is fast fluid with some of the best physics engine in a pool game I’ve ever seen since Hustle Kings.
- The game can make even the average player look like a pro in no time.
- Huge tutorial section showing you all the shot types, Shot placement etc.
- Unlock cues, ball sets and decals. Decals can be used for the table itself which is a nice addition.
- Single player mode consists of smaller championships with the ability to unlock side “bonus” missions. Each match will have a set amount of stars to earn in the way of bonus objectives.
- Trick box mode is where you can get your John Virgo Big Break skills on. Play a variety of trick shots and wow yourself at how well they work and more importantly how bad ass you look potting the balls.
- Online is quick and easy to setup.
- You can set the difficulty which also includes adjusting how long the guide arrow you use in game.
- More game modes are planned to arrive in the future like Snooker.
- Many game modes already present like killer, endurance,9 ball, 8 ball.
- The music is terrible, Like really bad especially after a long session.
- No video replay upload feature.
- No snooker in game but it is coming.
- The game is aimed more towards arcade action rather than a pool instruction game.
- No online chat.
- Free play is limiting and doesnt allow you to change the aiming aid.
- Finding online matches can be slow at times.
In Summary, Finally a pool game comes to Steam and thank god its a wonderful game. The visuals alone demand your attention. But once you get in game and see just how fluid and fast the game actually is, You instantly fall in love with the game. With a group of devs dedicated to updating the game, The future can only get better with the game. Its a wonderful little game where you dont feel cheated by cheap AI tactics. The balance throughout prevails and leaves you as a player happy to play it. I cannot say enough how good this little gem is. The price point hits many peoples instant buy mentality and you can be safe in the knowledge that you will not get buyers remorse. Grab the game and go play some pool. Pool games have arrived on Steam and the bar is high for any future games!