Review: Quell Reflect 3DS
Quell Reflect is an enchanting game of logic, which has taken the puzzle world by storm. Put your brain to the test with this charming puzzle game that features over 100 levels of addictive, lateral thinking. Featuring a beautiful exclusive soundtrack by Steven Cravis, Quell Reflect is a deceptively simple, and easy to pickup game that will test your brain in new ways. Be prepared to lose yourself in this entrancing Zen classic!
- Simple graphics.
- Easy touch screen controls, Swipe the direction in which to send your ball across the screen. you can go both horizontally and vertically.
- Brain teaser/puzzler game.
- The game has its own huge list of achievements to unlock.
- Over 50 levels that get ever increasingly hard.
- each level has a move limit with the perfect move requirement shown.
- Find a hidden gem in each level used for unlocks.
- Retry button for instant retry.
- Auto saves regularly.
- New elements,objects and mechanics get added as you progress.
- Has 3D implementation.
- Sombre soundtrack accompined by a light rain fall hitting against the window. bringing great atmosphere.
- Easy to pick up and play.
- cheap price point.
- Small file size.
- Opening tutorial section.
- Levels can be replayed at anytime and each level on the shelf UI has 4 levels within them. unlocked gems will show.
- Getting a perfect move score will also show a yellow circle on the level to let you know you have aced that particular area.
- 3D is not needed at all as the top screen is basically a bland looking window with random raindrops hitting against it.
- No in game hints.
- Soundtrack whilst calm and sobering, is too slow and will eventually put you to sleep.
In Summary, the game is a good brain teaser to have on your 3DS and is a great chill out game. Eureka moments have better satisfaction than the in game achievements but its still nice to have them. it would be nice to have a more social interaction option in there and defiantly a hints pop up. SO in short if you want a puzzler that you can attack like a crossword and chill with then you are sorted. if you like a bit of hand holding and dont like working your brain then maybe leave this one alone. The game has been on may systems before and this is just as good but in looks it feels a lot more tired and the top screen is a waste. Other tahn that its an average come great game.