Review: Second Chance Heroes
- Big cartoon graphics, The levels look fantastic with the characters themselves looking really cool.
- Full 360 pad support all though the keyboard and mouse do work very well with the game.
- Gameplay is very much a 3rd person isometric style shooter come brawler. Kill zombies before they can take over the town.
- Play as one of the many historical characters. Abe Lincoln, Queen Elizabeth or even Genghis Khan can be used. Each character has there own dialogue, moves and special moves.
- Tutorial pop ups in game.
- Find loot in gumball machines, shopping bags. Loot is typically exp spheres.
- Enemies drop exp spheres and health items.
- Big boss fights in huge arenas.
- Every level has bonus objectives like kill x amount of enemies or clear a section in a particular time limit. Completing them unlock more bonus items.
- Earn exp to unlock new characters.
- Simple controls and on the pad especially, It plays out more as a twin stick shooter. Items are on the face buttons with dash and special items on the bumper buttons. You can swap characters if your playing solo.
- Unlock and assign relics for more power. Relics can be things like faster regen or heal team mates or extra special items.
- Single player and online co op multiplayer.
- In game voice chat and text chat in multiplayer.
- Normal and hardcore difficulties.
- Huge gallery with details on characters and relics.
- Decent selection of video options, Resolution,aspect ration,v-sync,display mode,bloom,SSAO and AA.
- Keys can be changed and that is for pads and keyboard.
- Front end is clean,clear with a great friend list addition so joining/inviting friends is made all that bit easier.
- Can replay unlocked levels and go for any un finished objectives.
- Varied levels with some great atmospheric music.
- Difficulty spikes particularly at boss fights.
- Camera keeps acting up, More so with the pad, the camera will start moving on its own and will make seeing/fighting enemies a lot harder.
- No local play.
- finishing a level, Then returning to the main menu will not always show the newly unlocked level and requires a game restart.
- Idle disconnects on the menu even in single player.
- In game prompts are keyboard related even if you are using a pad.
- Still need the mouse for menus including in game ones, Annoying when you your using a pad.
- Game doesn’t actually pause and instead just brings a overlay up.
- no camera/view options.
- Price point is quite high.
In Summary, the game is good fun in short blasts. Long play reveals a lot of the problems, aside from the camera issues, the game can get very repetitive and boss fights get frustrating more than fun. The game is alot more fun with mates but again you encounter problems like overcrowding on screen. Get the game if its on sale and have it as a pre game session warm up, Because it just doesn’t have the legs for a full session. Shame really as parts of the game are really well done. hopefully it will improve but for now its a average game with cool ideas.