Review: Smash Hit Plunder (PlayStation VR)
Fight ghosts, munch food, start fires, destroy and cause chaos while avoiding the wrath of your ancestors – collect as much treasure as possible before your time ends.
- Pixel art graphics.
- 1.26GB Download size.
- Platinum trophy.
- Supports 2 move controllers and DS4.
- Local 1-4 co-op and VS modes. 1 Uses VR and the rest use a DS4.
- Excellent comfort settings, You can have it go dark around the edges which helps a lot.
- Hub world- Tutorial/tips section, Map, Interactive areas and game select menu.
- Good sound effects.
- Earn loot from playing the game and get the more beneficial crowns that unlock new areas of the map.
- Gameplay is a physics-based smash em up and you need to hoover up coins and bank a high score.
- Solid solo game to play. Timed smash em up areas and you try and beat the scores.
- Controls- T button picks up and drops items, Swipe Move controller to spin around and move. X button hoovers up any coins.
- Can pick up and use weapons or pick up and smash items like mugs, crates etc.
- Can recentre the camera whenever.
- Multiplayer works really well.
- A lot of fun and a great stress reliever!
- Interacting with the menu is fun, Grab a sword and place it in a stone of the mode you want to play, Roll the map using levers and stab the location you want with a dagger thing.
- A helpful spirit that gives tutorial help.
- Really easy to pick up and play.
- No clear timer or sense of progress in a level.
- Can get tedious when trying to find the last few coins.
- Second Move controller feels kind of redundant until you can successfully train your hand to react.
- Coins can get stuck.
- Graphics - 8/108/10
- Sound - 7/107/10
- Accessability - 9/109/10
- Length - 7/107/10
- Fun Factor - 8/108/10
Ever wanted to boot a VR game up and just smash the living hell out of things!? Well, have we got a game for you, For in this game all you do is smash stuff up and you feel good doing it! Looking like a Minecraft orgy of destruction, Smash hit plunder has you picking up and smashing things for loot, You know, Just like real life. Fancy entertaining the kids and want to play hide and seek but not actually move? SDorted there’s a mode for that in here. Want to do a 4 player smash em up? Again the game has a mode for that. It ticks so many boxes and for me the main selling point is it has solid comfort settings so I can play it for a long time without a vomit comet ending. In short fantastic fun.