Review: Sparkle Unleashed (Nintendo Switch)
Challenge the darkness with your swift orb matching skills, mighty magical enchantments, and earthshaking power-ups. Match the orbs before they fall into the abyss and find your way through mysterious lands of startling beauty.
- Great graphics.
- Opening tutorial.
- 115MB Download size.
- Pro controller support.
- Zuma influenced gameplay. Match coloured balls before they fall into the hole.
- Earn powerups by completing levels.
- Colourblind mode.
- Can equip one power-up from each of the unlocked skill slots.
- Powerups appear in the game at 3x, 6x, 9x, and 12x.
- Multiple player profile support.
- Wide selection of powerups from slow down to speed ups and the ability to change ball colour.
- Mystical, Almost Disney sounding ost.
- Full stats screen.
- Map screen to show progress.
- Touchscreen support.
- End of the level screen shows time taken and ability unlock bar.
- Easy to play the game.
- Addictive gameplay.
- A slight learning curve for the touch screen as it is very responsive and immediate.
- No sensitivity option.
- No online leaderboards.
- Cannot replay levels.
- Difficulty spikes.
- Gets very repetitive.
- Only one controller layout.
- Graphics - 7/107/10
- Sound - 8/108/10
- Accessability - 9/109/10
- Length - 8/108/10
- Fun Factor - 7/107/10
Quality little game that does a great job of bringing the match 3 gem Zuma back into peoples minds, It borrows so much from the game but also adds enough so it feels a bit more fresh. The pacing of the game is good and the powerups do mix it up but without any leaderboards or local play or even an endless mode it feels like a one and done experience, That said it will take some time to get done with it and it will be a fun trip, In short its a fun little game but can easily be lost in between the cracks of the now crowded casual play market.