Review: Super Star Wars (PS4)
Join Luke, Han, and Chewbacca in their fierce war against the evil Empire. Battle treacherous aliens. Pilot two vehicles in high-speed, first-person, 3-D sequences. Fight your way through the wastelands of Tatooine to the hostile streets of Mos Eisley and beyond. So grab your blaster, strap on your lightsaber, and take on the fight for galactic freedom!
- Retro graphics. Looks every bit as good as the original did.
- Soundtrack is intact and still sounds epic.
- Small download size: 40MB.
- Full online leaderboard support with friends/difficulty filters.
- 12 Trophies.
- Cross buywith PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita.
- Four screen options: Full screen, Original size (Small) with border art, Original size without border art and slightly bigger screen with border art.
- Filter: Scanline, Crisp and Smooth.
- Can re bind the controls to your liking.
- Three difficulties: Easy, Brave and Jedi.
- State save/load feature.
- Can play as Luke, Han Solo and Chewbacca.
- Enemies drop health, Grenades, Gun upgrades, Extra time and shields.
- Big boss fights.
- Can swap filters/screen options in game instantly.
- Control the Landspeeder in brilliant scrolling landscape shooting Jawas.
- Classic scenes from the movie.
- Authentic enemy sound effects and grunts.
- Supports analogue and D-Pad controls.
- Gameplay is a primarily an action platformer with a Contra vibe to it mixed with some Landspeeder shooting sections.
- Difficult even on easy.
- Awkward jump mechanic where by to jump high you have to press up and jump at the same time and using analogue is tricky for it to be recognised.
- Only one state save slot.
- Bad checkpoints.
- Not out in the EU.
- Few broken animations/ enemies stuck on loop.
- Enemies respawn almost instantly.
- Boss battle areas are small and encounters are really tough.