Review: Ten Second Ninja
Ninjas are cool, this is an established fact of the universe. Nazi Robots from space are not cool, they are the complete opposite of cool, and Robot Hitler is out to get you, the world’s first ninja. You have 10 seconds to destroy all Nazi Robots in your vicinity. IT. IS. ON.
- Small brightly coloured graphics with some brilliant animation.
- Full 360 pad support but can be played with a keyboard.
- Ability to rebind keys.
- Controls are tight and responsive.
- You are armed with a sword and three ninja stars on each level.
- Instant retry button that can be used when ever you like.
- Game evolves around you having ten seconds to kill all enemies on the screen. Time is the true score and the faster you finish the level, the more stars you earn. Maximum amount is 3 stars per level.
- Stars unlock further levels and more importantly, You must acquire x amount of stars to unlock the end of world boss.
- Game loads as quick as the game plays.
- Leaderboards support.
- Full Steam integration like achievements and cloud save.
- Level design is minimal but genius in its outlay, What may look easy on first inspection, is actually a hard as nail scenario.
- Huge epic boss battles.
- Varied levels and worlds to unlock. Finish the game and unlock bonus worlds.
- Game is the ultimate speed run exercise.
- Takes the “Just one more go” mantra and rams it down your throat as it forces you to try better and harder than before.
- Humour through out with the best humour coming in the form of Achievement names and descriptions.
- Best that you know this now…..The game hates you.
- Leaderboard updates are not always instant.
- Hit detection is a bit off in places and can ruin your run.
- Your neighbours may not like all the swearing and pad throwing.
- People dont act well under pressure and crushing dissapointment so always give plenty of room to bad players, This is a bad thing if you live in a flat. Always give a bad player at least 3 rooms of space between yourself and him/her.
In Summary, The game is brilliant fun, I mean I hate it but I love it. Its proper twitchy, fast reactions needed, your scores crap try again mentality. You start off having a quick go and settling for just two stars, Then you see the small amount of time you need to shave off and decide to try again. Three days later and your still there sweating and panting and just willing yourself to victory. Experienced fast reaction players may not have as many issues but still have fun. For the rest of the gaming population, Be prepared to get hurt and ashamed. The game is fast and makes you feel proper pro when you see three star unlock bang up. It really needs its own replay setup as then you can show that perfect run off. One thing I did learn, As good as you think you are, There is at least 35 people better than you. Grab the game and have some ninja fun!
Disclaimer: Several pads were harmed in the creation of this review and we are working with the authorities to get them the help they needed so they may get re homed and live a long life.