Review: That Trivia Game PS4
A light-hearted and quirky game show experience that gets all of your friends into the action. Over 1,000 trivia questions in 20 different categories provides hours of fun and nail-biting excitement for the whole family!
- Brilliant Game show graphics, Characters look good and the stage is a proper throw back to the quiz shows of the 80’s/90’s.
- Six characters to choose from ranging from geeks to pirates to nerds to punks. You can change the outfit they wear and colour.
- Twenty odd buzzer sounds to use. Traditional ones are there including absurd ones like cows mooing,splat sounds.
- You type your name in every game.
- Clever use of the DS4 light bar. Flashes green for correct answers and red for wrong answers. Changes colour throughout the round. Really cool if you happen to play with a mirror in front of your pad!
- Tv presenter is entertaining with his quick quirky remarks, He can be your friend one minute, then cut you down in your prime and reduce you to tears the next.
- Answer questions quickly and easily by pressing the corresponding button. The game only uses the face buttons so X,triangle,circle and square.
- Good mix of categories with 100’s upon 100’s of questions that are surprisingly up to date.
- Easy set of trophies bar like 3 which will require a mastermind approach.
- The game consists of rounds and each round is a different approach to game shows. First is just a series of questions, next you are gambling x amount of points to rounds where the answers will pop up on screen and you have to press a button at the right time.
- Two modes of play, Either go solo and play against a random AI or go head to head with another player in local multi player.
- The sound effects and crowd really bring the game show atmosphere.
- Quick loading in between rounds and the time between questions. A well known issue with other quiz games that I wont mention as I like Buzz….Dammit.
- Games are short but fun and varied. You never feel like you play the same game twice.
- Works really well on Vita via the remote play feature.
- No difficulty option.
- Only 1 on 1 against the AI.
- Categories need to have more randomness to them, The questions might be different but the actual category does pop up a lot.
- Trophies are obtained too quickly and there is only a few.
- Leader boards so name entry is actually justified.
In Summary, Its the first quiz game on PS4 and it is a fun game to play casually. Trophy hunters will rejoice in how easy it is to get 100% whilst long term players will feel annoyed that they got the majority of them in under 5 minutes. Trophies aside, The presenter does a great job and is more like able than a certain Buzz kind of guy but personally I found the guy to look at, Dam creep. Kind of like a Robbie Rotten from Lazy Town meets Danny Zuko from Grease. He just has an air of darkness around him! Could just be me and maybe I watch too much tele but still. The game is a brilliant start to the genre on next gen and I hope they will build on it by adding more options like party play, Online mode and new questions. As long as its priced right, The game has excellent scale-ability and I look forward to more work from the dev. So in a nutshell its worth a go for the occasional go like when family members come round.Or buy it and play it if your too stupid for Mastermind but too lonely to do Family Fortunes!