Review: Toy Stunt Bike 3DS
Toy Stunt Bike is a 3D, action-packed, micro-sized motorbike trials game. Race your toy bike across sixty levels in a variety of household locations. Leap over toasters, make massive jumps onto garden chairs, use laptops as ramps and perform crazy stunts.
- Simplistic nice looking detailed graphics.
- Easy controls including a bail button on the bumper buttons.
- Leader board support.
- Over 50 levels to play through and unlock.
- Twelve environments to play through from the kitchen to the bedroom to outside.
- Each level has three trophies in them and are awarded for: Time completion goal met, Finding the three hidden flags in each level and for beating the level score.
- Can replay levels at any point.
- Fast restart button or start from the last checkpoint following a crash.
- Miniature trials set in the real world game play. Perform stunts whilst navigating simple household items like cups,books and even bath tubs and toilets.
- Brilliant physics engine for the rider, feel every bump spin and crash.
- Loads of replay ability with the trophy hoarding and leader board chasing mechanic.
- Touch screen is used for the menu and can be used for restarts if you so wish.
- Good 3D implementation, Due to the nature of the game the 3D allows the background to pop.
- Auto saves at regular times.
- Online leader boards.
- Full HUD on the bottom screen with flags collected, The target time and target score shown.
- Really easy to get into and has a real pick up and play mentality.
- Cheap price point makes it a steal of a game.
- Levels are short making it a good game for people on the commute or only fancy a quick blast.
- Difficulty spikes in later levels with pixel perfect landings and jumps required.
- No notification of levels unlocking.
- No customisation of the bike or rider.
- Would be nice to have a controls layout choice as the default one is serviceable but awkward.
- No multiple save slots to enable more people to fill your leader boards.
In Summary, It is a basic Trials clone with a new setting of an over sized world, Or you are a small ass little man but either way its a new setting. The controls are tight and pulling off flips and tricks is easy and fun. Whilst the graphics may come under some scrutiny, I can only say that the core game is more than entertaining and for the most part your not really paying attention to every detail. Yes the game feels really dumbed down but for that very reason it is more accessible than the more challenging games in this genre. As is you do get a lot of game for the small amount you will pay for it. The file size is small, The levels are small thus making it a good mobile game to have on your 3DS. Toy Stunt bike, For people who cannot handle Trials HD!