Review: Treasure Stack (Steam)
Fusing the pulse-pounding pressure of a falling block puzzle game with grapple-powered platforming, Treasure Stack offers up a fast-paced party game experience like no other. As treasure chests and keys fall from the sky and threaten to fill the screen, take direct control of a pixelated hero as you run, jump, grab, climb, grapple and stack matching colors to keep the blocky deluge at bay. But don’t go in unprepared! Unlock over 100 items to customize your hero and grapple with, featuring everything from slimes with chainsaws to avian boxing glove grapplers.
- Pixel graphics.
- 215mb download size.
- Treasure Stack has Steam achievements.
- Three modes- online/solo/local party.
- Stats screen.
- Treasure Stack features full controller support.
- Tutorial option. (can select it to show up)
- Platform only matchmaking on/off.
- Collection- shows any earned characters and hooks.
- Treasure Stack is difficult to master.
- Earn EXP for playing and unlock new characters and hooks.
- Gameplay- match colored keys and chests. You play a character and can move around, pick up columns and hook columns to hard drop them.
- Clear hud showing score and when the badness is coming.
- The badness is my way of saying when rocks appear and block your play. Think trash in Tetris.
- Combo counter.
- Challenge mode.
- Next lane drop is highlighted.
- Treasure Stack has 4 player party support.
- Online- season/casual and private.
- Local play support.
- Treasure Stack is very addictive.
- Simple controls.
- Lot of work put into the season mode with ranks, special exclusive items, and resets.
- Only graphics option is resolution and fullscreen.
- Mouse cursor stays on screen when using a controller.
- Huge learning curve as you acclimatize to how many you can pick up, hooking and generally moving around the playing field.
- No customization.
- Can’t rebind controls.
- No leaderboards.
- Sounds like one song over and over.
- Graphics - 8/108/10
- Sound - 8/108/10
- Accessability - 9/109/10
- Length - 9/109/10
- Fun Factor - 8/108/10
Treasure stack is a classic game of easy to play but hard to master! You play as a character that can run around the play area and can pick up columns and chest to make fat combos. Your grapple is used to drop chests quickly ala hard drop. The game has a lot of content and whilst the barrier to entry can be considered high as it is vastly different to other match 3 games, Treasure stack really shines with how much online love it has. Despite the standard modes like casual and ranked. They are doing timed Seasonal events with exclusive rewards which really helps keep the game alive. Back to the gameplay and I did struggle for a long long time to get to grips with the movement and learning what I can and cannot do but once it clicks it just feels incredible to play. Treasure stack is a game you may not play for long periods but you will play it a lot!