Rocket League Announces DLC
Less than a month after the release of its critically-acclaimed sports-action game, Rocket League, independent developer and publisher, Psyonix, revealed today the game’s first paid downloadable content pack. Dubbed “Supersonic Fury,” the new DLC Pack introduces two new exclusive vehicles, “Dominus” the muscle car and “Takumi” the Japanese street racer, plus several new Decals, Paint Types, Rocket Boosts, Wheels, PlayStation Trophies, and Steam Achievements.
In addition to the paid “Supersonic Fury” DLC Pack, Psyonix will also release a free game update that includes the highly-anticipated Spectator Mode, allowing players to join live games and watch other people play in real time. The new “Utopia Coliseum” gameplay arena, more than 70 new Country Flags, numerous other customization items, and the new single, “Firework” from critically-acclaimed electronica group, Hollywood Principle, will also make it to the update.
The “Supersonic Fury” DLC Pack includes:
- Dominus (classic American muscle car)
- Takumi (’90s-era Japanese street racer)
- 6 New Decals for both new Battle-Cars
- 5 New Paint Types
- Brushed Metal
- Carbon Fiber
- Metallic Pearl
- 2 New Rocket Boosts
- 2 New Wheels
- Cristiano (Soccer-themed rims)
- Spinner (Working spinner wheels)
The simultaneously-released Free Update includes:
- Utopia Coliseum (New regulation-type arena, thematically inspired bySupersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars’ Utopia map)
- Spectator Mode (Watch other players in real-time from any angle in 1v1, 2v2, and 3v3 matches — 4v4 coming later)
- 3v3 Ranked Mode (By popular demand!)
- 70+ New Country Flags (Puerto Rico, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, and more)
- Special “We’re Sorry the Servers Were Borked at Launch” customization items
- New Single, “Firework,” by Hollywood Principle
“We’re stunned, humbled, and grateful for the positive reception to Rocket League,” said Dave Hagewood, President, Psyonix. “We want to keep a good thing going, and keeping our community happy with new content is very important to us. This is just the beginning!”
Priced at US $3.99 on both PS4™ and Steam, the Rocket League “Supersonic Fury” DLC Pack will be available for purchase in August 2015, with the “Utopia Coliseum” Free Update simultaneously releasing alongside it.
Rocket League is one of the most critically-acclaimed games of the summer, with a community that is already 5 million players strong.