RollerCoaster Tycoon Adventures coming soon to Nintendo Switch
Bigben and Atari today announced that RollerCoaster Tycoon® Adventures will be available for Nintendo Switch on November 30, 2018 in the UK. RollerCoaster Tycoon Adventures brings the legendary RollerCoaster Tycoon series into the next generation — combining classic RollerCoaster Tycoon gameplay with brand-new twists, all customised for Nintendo’s unique console. Whether on-the-go or at home, adventure awaits in the theme park of your dreams.
RollerCoaster Tycoon Adventures is the latest entry in one of the best-selling and most cherished franchises in PC gaming history. RollerCoaster Tycoon was created by legendary game developer Chris Sawyer and first released on Windows PC in 1999 when the series quickly became a fan favourite for gamers. Developed by Nvizzio Creations, the studio brought its deep understanding and respect for the RollerCoaster Tycoon brand to the game. RollerCoaster Tycoon Adventures takes full advantage of the innovative features for Nintendo Switch including its portability, flexibility and touchscreen functionality, and brings an exciting, accessible new twist to the world of RollerCoaster Tycoon.
“When the Nintendo Switch was first released last year, we knew we wanted to bring the beloved RollerCoaster Tycoon series to the console,” said Fred Chesnais, Chief Executive Officer, Atari. “RollerCoaster Tycoon Adventures is a perfect fit because the core gameplay of building and managing your ultimate theme park works very well on Nintendo Switch and features seamless play across handheld or TV modes.”
In RollerCoaster Tycoon Adventures, players have three distinct game modes to build their entertainment empire — Adventure Mode (a spin on the classic Campaign mode), tricky Scenarios and the open Sandbox. Over 120 wonderfully wacky rides, restaurants and shops ensure parks burst with action, and the intuitive coaster builder lets players create wild, death-defying coasters with ease. Four unique themed environments, along with water and terraforming options, ensure every park is distinct and exciting. Streamlined simulation and game economy allow players of all ages and skill levels to build the park of their dreams. Play it on your TV or on-the-go — it’s never been so easy to become a RollerCoaster Tycoon.
Key Features include:
- Exciting Game Modes: Create outrageous parks in three different fun-filled modes – Adventure, Scenario and Sandbox.
- Choose Your Own Adventure: A first for the RollerCoaster Tycoon series, Adventure Mode’s brand-new Event System makes every park unique. You’ll have to make tough decisions when presented with park events, ensuring that every playthrough of Adventure Mode is a compelling new Tycoon story.
- Customise and Personalise Your Park: Pick from over 50 vivid colours to customise rides, rollercoasters, shops and restaurants. Transform your park by adding pre-made path, foliage and river tiles. And choose between four distinctive locations — Alpine, Moon, Canyon and Tropics to build your incredible parks.
- Thrill Rides: Place seven types of fully customisation rollercoasters in your park — Wooden, Steel, Winged, Hyper, Inverted, Dive and Accelerator.
- Intuitive Management System: Streamlined management and easy-to-use tools make RollerCoaster Tycoon Adventures the most accessible entry into the RollerCoaster Tycoon franchise, and a perfect fit for Nintendo Switch.
- Attractions Galore: Choose from over 120 wacky rides, restaurants and shops for your park, from the humble Merry-go-Round to the death-defying Roto-Drop, all featuring advanced shaders and effects.
- Gameplay Flexibility: Use either Nintendo Switch Joy-Con™ controllers or touchscreen controls to play the way you want. RollerCoaster Tycoon Adventures runs at 1080p when in TV mode and 720p in handheld mode.