Severed Steel coming to consoles in July
Console release dates announced with a new trailer for Greylock Studio’s stylish movement shooter
Hyperkinetic FPS Severed Steel will be launching on consoles in July, indie publisher Digerati is delighted to confirm. The stylish single-player shooter will arrive on 20 July on PS4 and PS5, on 21 July for Nintendo Switch, and on 22 July on Xbox One and Series X|S. It will be priced at $24.99 and be available with a 10% launch discount for a limited time.
Developed by Greylock Studio, Severed Steel launched last year on PC and has a 93% positive rating on Steam from over a thousand user reviews. The console versions will include all core game content currently featured in the PC version: Campaign, Firefight, and New Game + modes, 42 levels, 27 weapons, 5 arm cannons, and 22 game modifying mutators.
The game’s extensive level editor, which is a feature of the PC version, won’t be included with the console editions, although a selection of user-created levels will be added as bonus levels to the PS5 and Xbox Series versions.
Severed Steel is a single-player FPS featuring a fluid stunt system, destructible voxel environments, loads of bullet time, and a unique one-armed protagonist. It’s you, your trigger finger, and a steel-toed boot against a superstructure full of bad guys. Chain together wall runs, dives flips and slides to take every last enemy down.
- A unique fighter: Play as Steel, a nimble, one-armed sharpshooter on a mission. There is no reloading – pick your shots well and be ready to pry a loaded weapon from your enemies’ cold dead hands
- Stylish combat: Dodge bullets, leap off walls, slide kick, throw weapons – do whatever it takes to come out on top in intense and frenzied firefights
- Fully destructible environment: Pepper through plaster with sharp 4.7 mm rounds, punch through thick concrete with .50 cal slugs or make big holes in things with your arm cannon
- Dynamic AI: No two battles are the same thanks to dynamic, unscripted, squad-based AI
- Firefight Mode: Chase high scores and fast times for leaderboard acclaim in this arcade-style mode. Features 42 levels, each with their own sub-challenges, and over 20 unlockable, game-modifying ‘Mutators’
- Campaign Mode: Blast through six compact story chapters as you battle against the forces of nefarious mega-corporation, EdenSys
- Accessibility: A range of adjustable settings for features such as difficulty, visuals, audio, controls, navigation, and more