Severed Steel Rogue Steel update arrives for consoles
Severed Steel update brings new ‘Rogue Steel’ mode and gyro controls to console versions
An update for Severed Steel, the intense movement shooter developed by Greylock Studios, has now been rolled out for all console versions – Nintendo Switch, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series.
The ‘Rogue Steel’ update, which first launched for the PC version in October last year, brings various new features, including a new game mode, new levels, and new weapons. In addition, the Switch, PS4, and PS5 versions have also been updated to support gyro controls.
The full list of new features included with the Rogue Steel update:
- New game mode, Rogue Steel
- Gyro controls (Switch, PS4, PS5)
- 23 new Firefight mutators unlocked through Rogue Steel
- 6 new weapons
- 5 new modified enemy types
- 8 new exclusive Rogue Steel levels
- New Cannon Mode: Cutting Beam
- 10 Character skins to unlock in Rogue Mode
- 15 Cannon skins to unlock in Rogue Mode
The new Rogue Steel mode features rogue-lite elements and challenges players to complete a run across a number of randomly chosen levels. At the end of each level, players choose a card, which applies an upgrade or effect for the rest of their run. While most cards provide a buff, some increase the score multiplier but at the expense of a negative status effect.
About the game
Severed Steel is a single-player FPS featuring a fluid stunt system, destructible voxel environments, loads of bullet time, and a unique one-armed protagonist. It’s you, your trigger finger, and a steel-toed boot against a superstructure full of bad guys. Chain together wall runs, dives flips, and slides to take every last enemy down.
- A unique fighter: Play as Steel, a nimble, one-armed sharpshooter on a mission. There is no reloading – pick your shots well and be ready to pry a loaded weapon from your enemies’ cold dead hands
- Stylish combat: Dodge bullets, leap off walls, slide kick, throw weapons – do whatever it takes to come out on top in intense and frenzied firefights
- Fully destructible environment: Pepper through plaster with sharp 4.7 mm rounds, punch through thick concrete with .50 cal slugs or make big holes in things with your arm cannon
- Dynamic AI: No two battles are the same thanks to dynamic, unscripted, squad-based AI
- Firefight Mode: Chase high scores and fast times for leaderboard acclaim in this arcade-styled mode. Features 42 levels, each with its own sub-challenges, and over 20 unlockable, game modifying ‘Mutators’
- Campaign Mode: Blast through six compact story chapters as you battle against the forces of nefarious mega-corporation, EdenSys. Finish the campaign and want more? Try New Game + mode which mixes up the campaign for a fresh playthrough
- Rogue Mode: Severed Steel with Rogue-lite elements. Click the Rogue Steel button on the main menu to start a short, randomly generated, 10-level campaign. Features unlockable perks, skins, and more.
- Accessibility: A range of adjustable settings for features such as difficulty, visuals, audio, controls, navigation, and more
- Level Editor (with Steam Workshop support): Build levels and share them with the community