Sheepo Review (PlayStation 5)
For our Sheepo Review, we explore a strange planet, collect the creatures you find, and then shape-shift into them to expand your world. Build your own path, chat with the locals, and discover the planets sprawling secrets in this quirky Metroidvania platformer.
Sheepo Review Pros:
- Beautiful graphics.
- 286.3MB download size.
- Platinum trophy.
- Metroidvania platformer gameplay.
- Speed run mode – on/off.
- Game settings – screen shake, text effects, and photosensitivity mode all on/off.
- 3 save slots.
- 3 difficulties – Easy, normal and hard.
- Opening tutorial section for the controls then you get pop-ups as you play.
- Save points located in the levels.
- The Shape-shifter pack allows you to turn into creatures you encounter.
- Solid fast-paced jumping controls.
- Very accessible and quick to learn.
- Launcher panels – interact with them to aim how it fire you up in that direction.
- The map fills in as you play.
- Overall progress bar can be viewed in the pause menu along with a game timer.
- Puzzle elements.
- Shapeshifter – you collect the egg of the creature and then when you encounter one you Shapeshifter into them for a short period before changing back.
- Boss encounters.
- Can fast forward the many text conversations.
- Excellent level design.
- Feathers act like currency and are used in the shops to unlock new menus and upgrades like showing rooms with save points etc.
- Beautiful world and I love how the leaves etc move as you pass through them.
- Optional hidden little objectives.
- Play how you want.
- Retrace your steps with new abilities to open up more of the world.
Sheepo Review Cons:
- No controller settings.
- Doesn’t always tell you the controls and has no controller layout option.
- Bad checkpointing.
- Can get a bit reflex-heavy.
- Takes a long time to get going.
Related Post: Usurper Soulbound Preview (Steam Early Access)
Developer: Kyle Thompson
Publisher: Kyle Thompson
Store Links –
- Graphics - 7/107/10
- Sound - 7/107/10
- Accessibility - 7/107/10
- Length - 7/107/10
- Fun Factor - 7/107/10