Skool Daze Remaster Coming To Mobiles And Tablets
Alternative Software is very proud to officially announce the return later this year, of one of gaming’s all time classics “Skool Daze”, some 30 + years on from the game’s original release. Eric, his “skool” pals, teachers, and the rest of the game’s characters are very shortly set to hit both mobile or tablet screens everywhere.
“Skool Daze” has been cited by numerous gaming publications, as well as the UK’s national press, as one of the best games of all time. Indeed “The Guardian” put Skool Daze in the 30 greatest British video games ever and referred to it as “Something truly memorable and evocative”. Plus “The Telegraph” listed “Back to Skool” in their article “Best games of the 1980’s”.
Roger Hulley, Alternative Software’s Managing Director, says, “We’re extremely excited about bringing Skool Daze HD to both android and iOS devices; it’s certainly one of our all-time favourites, and one that retro gaming fans will be delighted to see make a return, not only for their own enjoyment, but also for the enjoyment of today’s modern gamers too. With the ever building interest in retro games, we feel the timing has never been better to remake this classic.”
Alternative’s new remake of Skool Daze stays true to the original, although with many modern twists, plus it will also incorporate the game’s famous sequel “Back to Skool” a game, that in its own right, is considered by many, to also be one of gaming’s all-time greats.
Skool Daze follows the story of everyone’s favourite antihero, Eric. Who is trying to locate, then forge and rewrite his very poor school report, before the Headmaster presents it to his loving parents.
The games locations include a Tutorial stage, “Skool Daze” and “Back to Skool” areas, as well as the “Nu Skool”. The game allows you to roam openly throughout the locations, as the schools most unruly pupil, “Eric”. Some of the key characters you will stumble across, when playing through the story include the main teacher “Mr. Wacker” – who’ll you’ll try your best to stay out of trouble with! “Einstein”, the swot of the school, and not to forget the one everyone hates – the school bully, “Angelface”. There are many other teachers and pupils who you’ll have run ins with too!
As before gamers will be able to enjoy being able to freely name various characters within the game, as they so wish. Plus also, as in the original, they can enjoy chalking their own “special messages” on the school’s blackboards.
The game features a multi directional movement and aim control system, designed specifically for mobile touch devices, giving close replication of the use of a joystick on retro systems. You’ll find there are a variety of achievements and characters to unlock whilst you venture through the story.
Skool Daze the remake has been lovingly developed by “Involution” a small dedicated team of very enthusiastic and creative indie programmers and graphic artists.
When playing Skool Daze gamers will as before, need to remember those School Rules!
- Pupils shall attend lessons as shown in the timetable (Remember that because you cheated in the exams last year, you always go to the same lessons as the swot.)
- Pupils do not score points by attending lessons, but may be given lines if caught in the wrong place.
- Acquiring an excessive amount of lines could result in pupils being expelled immediately from the school.
- Pupils are not allowed to enter the staffroom or the Headmaster’s study. Take care.
- At playtime, boys are supposed to be playing and not in any of the classrooms.
- Pupils shall not hit their schoolmates.
- Pupils shall not fire catapults.
- Pupils are expected to walk quietly in the corridors – they are not for running or sitting in.
- Pupils must always be polite, and keep themselves neat and tidy at all times
- School dinners are compulsory.