Speed Brawl Review (Steam)
Our Speed Brawl Review is all about this 2D combat racer about moving fast and hitting hard! Maintain your momentum, build your combos, and unleash powerful special moves. Find your own fighting style, and assemble the finest team of brawlers ever seen. Then do it all again faster… faster… FASTER!!!
Speed Brawl Review Pros:
- Beautiful cartoon graphics.
- 2.05GB Download size.
- Steam achievements.
- Full controller support.
- In-game cutscenes.
- Graphics settings – resolution l, window mode, textures, v-sync, and safe zone slider.
- Can skip cutscenes.
- 3 save slots.
- Can rebind controls.
- Two initial game modes – campaign and versus.
- Online leaderboards with filters.
- Local and online Co-op party.
- Fast loading times.
- Loadout – you can equip new items for each character and they will adjust stats and buffs.
- Before a match, you can change costumes, colors, and trail colors.
- Run and beat ’em up gameplay.
- The game is speed based, you do a championship race with 3 checkpoints. You fight a group of enemies in each section and are against the clock.
- Fighting is solid with a wide variety of moves, combos, and abilities.
- You play as a tag team and can swap out at any time, each has its own life bar.
- Combo counter.
- Each character has a skill tree.
- Earn fame (exp) and level up to get upgrade points.
- Gold is earned from finishing championships and you use it to buy new items in the store.
- A lot of platforming.
- The campaign is a world-level select type deal and you can choose your events and get story pop-ups.
- Medals for your performance in a race are Gold, Silver, and Bronze.
- Six characters to unlock.
- Online pvp.
- Drop in and out campaign Co op.
Speed Brawl Review Cons:
- Slight learning curve.
- More fun in Co-op/PVP.
- Minimal graphic settings.
- No real tutorial.
- Doesn’t mix it up enough with things like power-ups or varied fights.
- More of a casual every now and then game.
Related Post: As Far As The Eye Review (Nintendo Switch OLED)
Developer: Double Stallion Games
Publisher: Double Stallion Games
Store Links –
- Graphics - 8/108/10
- Sound - 8/108/10
- Accessibility - 8/108/10
- Length - 8/108/10
- Fun Factor - 9/109/10
Speed Brawl is a game that is not easily described. I mean it’s a speed-based fighting game with a lot of platforming and combo-counting combat. Honestly, it’s a wonderful little game because it’s refreshing and fun to play. The characters are all cool with many unique abilities but it’s the actual combat that shines through, it’s very robust and fluid even to the most nonfighter gamer. The premise of racing through really works out for the best and yeah it doesn’t feel like it never gets mixed up enough, it is still good and a perfect game for an every now and then session. Speed Brawl really shines in multiplayer whether it be local or online, the game never slows down and the campaign is a good slew of events. Overall I found Speed Brawl to be a welcome surprise.