Stardew Valley Gets A Physical Release For Xbox One And PlayStation 4
505 Games S.p.a., a global publisher and distributor of video games and a subsidiary of Digital Bros S.p.A., today announces a partnership with independent development studio ConcernedApe which will see the wildly popular open-ended farming RPG,Stardew Valley, come to fertile new pastures in early 2017! 505 Games will be the exclusive retail distributor of this fun, fan-favorite and award winning game, which has sold nearly 2 million digital units, life-to-date, across PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
“We jumped at the opportunity to bring Stardew Valley to our retail partners. As one of the biggest breakout digital games from 2016, we personally love the game and are pleased to be able to share it with a broader physical retail audience as we have with Terraria and Rocket League to great success.” said 505 Games President, Ian Howe.
“In 2016, we helped ConcernedApe release his debut game about life on the farm. With its endearing, familiar characters and charming town, Stardew Valley quickly found a special place in the hearts of over two million players! Now we’re working with 505 Games to bring Stardew Valley to retail shelves, and we believe they’ll be able to produce a physical copy of the game worthy of the Stardew Valley community.” said Molly Carroll, Marketing Manager at Chucklefish.
In Stardew Valley, you’ve inherited your grandfather’s old farm plot in Stardew Valley. Armed with hand-me-down tools and a few coins, you set out to begin your new life. Can you learn to live off the land and turn these overgrown fields into a thriving home? It won’t be easy. Ever since Joja Corporation came to town, the old ways of life have all but disappeared. The community center, once the town’s most vibrant hub of activity, now lies in shambles. But the valley seems full of opportunity. With a little dedication, you might just be the one to restore Stardew Valley to greatness!
- Turn an overgrown field into a lively farm! Raise animals, grow crops, start an orchard, craft useful machines, and more!
- Improve your skills over time. As you make your way from a struggling greenhorn to a master farmer, you’ll level up in 5 different areas: farming, mining, combat, fishing, and foraging.
- Become part of the local community. Over 30 unique characters living in Stardew Valley, each with their own daily schedule, birthday, unique mini-cut scenes, and new things to say throughout the week and year.
- Explore a vast, mysterious cave. Encounter new and dangerous monsters, powerful weapons, new environments, valuable gemstones and other treasures as you venture deeper underground!
- Breathe new life into the valley. Help restore Stardew Valley to its former glory by repairing the old community center, or take the alternate route and join forces with Joja Corporation.
- Court and marry a partner to share your life on the farm with. There are 10 available bachelors and bachelorettes to woo, each with unique character progression cut scenes!
- Spend a relaxing afternoon at one of the local fishing spots. The waters are teeming with seasonal varieties of delicious fish. Craft bait, bobbers, and crab pots to help you in your journey toward catching every fish and becoming a local legend!
- Collect artifacts and minerals to donate to the local museum.
- Over 100 cooking and crafting recipes. Craft tasty dishes and useful objects like scarecrows, oil makers, furnaces, or even the rare and expensive crystalarium.
- Customize the appearance of your character and house! With hundreds of decorative items to choose from, you’ll have no trouble creating the home of your dreams