Super Mega Baseball 3 to Launch May 13th
Metalhead Software will launch Super Mega Baseball 3 May 13, 2020 on Nintendo Switch™, Xbox One, PlayStation®4, and Steam for $44.99 USD. Today, Metalhead has released its third reveal video, which covers on-field play in Super Mega Baseball 3.
Check out the Super Mega Baseball 3 – On the Field reveal video here: bit.ly/SMB3OnTheField
“Today’s reveal video goes into depth about the on-field experience in SMB3,” said Metalhead co-founder Scott Drader. “It covers everything from the reworked batting AI to tweaked pitching mechanics and improved fielder selection.”
Super Mega Baseball 3 was initially expected to launch in April 2020, however, industry-wide changes caused by COVID-19 have led to a revised release date. In the meantime, Metalhead began work on some highly-requested features that will release as free post-launch updates, including the previously revealed SMB2 Team Import tool and a major online gameplay feature that will be announced prior to launch.
If you’re looking to try before buying, Super Mega Baseball 3‘s free demo and trial versions allow users to play an unlimited number of games in the competitive online Pennant Race mode, play Exhibition games against the AI, or experiment with the customization suite.
Coming in Super Mega Baseball 3:
Step up to the plate and experience the deepest on-field simulation yet, comprehensive online and offline game modes including a brand new Franchise mode, and vastly refined graphics. Super Mega Baseball 3 offers a revamped user interface plus tons of new audio, team/character content, and stadiums with variable lighting conditions. All this with the same easy-to-learn gameplay that scales seamlessly from beginner to super mega levels of difficulty.
- Challenge your hand-eye coordination or relax and hit dingers with fluid gameplay that scales seamlessly from novice to beyond-expert levels of difficulty.
- Apply and refine your baseball instincts with a sophisticated baseball simulation featuring new pickoff and stealing mechanics, wild pitches/passed balls, designated hitters, and situational player traits.
- Take in the sights and sounds of 14 richly detailed ballparks, each featuring unique day, night and alternate lighting conditions.
- Guide an evolving team to greatness over multiple seasons in the all new Franchise mode featuring player development, aging, retirement and signing/releasing of free agents (1vCPU, 2vCPU, local or online).
- Compete online to win pennants and climb to higher divisions in the cross-platform Pennant Race mode (1v1, online only, controller only).
- Create your ideal league with a comprehensive customization suite that includes season length/structure, team names/uniforms/logos, and player names/appearance/attributes.
- Play or simulate any combination of games/teams in customized Seasons and Elimination brackets, solo or with friends (1vCPU, 2vCPU, 1v1, 2v1, 2v2, CPUvCPU, local or online).