Teslagrad 2 Review (Nintendo Switch)
For our Teslagrad 2 Review, where we play as Lumina, a young Teslamancer, who finds herself stranded after her airship crash lands in Wyrmheim, a remote and treacherous land to the North. Embark on a dangerous adventure, exploring a gigantic, abandoned tower looming over a fjordside valley, on a quest to get Lumina home and back to her family.
Teslagrad 2 Review Pros:
- Cartoon-like graphics.
- 2.4GB download size.
- Can rebind controls.
- Rumble strength slider.
- Beautifully animated cutscenes.
- Puzzle platformer gameplay.
- Awesome soundtrack.
- 2D scroller with animated back and foreground.
- Set in Viking times.
- Instant respawn.
- Platforms that are red attract you and you stick to them, whilst blue platforms repel you allowing you to cover more ground.
- You work it all how out yourself from the controls to the mechanics at play.
- Basic tutorial-type pop-ups but they are sparse.
- The map fills in as you play.
- Constant checkpoints.
- Solid platforming.
- The use of colors and lighting brings another level of immersion.
- Has a livelier atmosphere.
- Metroidvania aspects such as gaining new abilities so you can pass a previously blocked entry.
- Collectible cards.
- Unlock new abilities by finding items and clothing.
- Great story.
- Huge advancement over the previous game.
Teslagrad 2 Review Cons:
- The performance feels sluggish when playing on the big screen.
- No touchscreen support.
- Doesn’t offer any gameplay settings.
- Tutorial pop-ups are very sparse and you are left to learn everything yourself.
- A lot of frustrating deaths early on as you take it all in.
- Never sure when you have hit a checkpoint.
- Frustrating sections especially when having to change directions when being chased.
- Turns into a precision platformer and it’s frustrating.
- No way to get help or guidance.
Related Post: YOLKED The Egg Game Review (Steam)
Developer: Rain Games
Publisher: Modus Games
Store Links –
- Graphics - 8/108/10
- Sound - 7/107/10
- Accessibility - 7/107/10
- Length - 8/108/10
- Fun Factor - 7/107/10