The (Literally) Unforgettable TETRIS EFFECT Coming Fall 2018 to PlayStation 4 With Optional PlayStation VR Support
On this World Tetris Day and the 34th anniversary of the iconic Tetris brand, Enhance, Inc. and The Tetris Company, LLC, today announced their all-new game TETRIS EFFECT is coming to PlayStation 4 this fall, including optional support for PlayStation VR. The game will make its public debut with a playable demo at the PlayStation booth of the E3 gaming trade show June 12-14. The TETRIS EFFECT announcement trailer can be viewed below.
From deep beneath the ocean to the furthest reaches of outer space and everywhere between, TETRIS EFFECT’s 30-plus stages take players on a wondrous, emotional journey through the universe. The core of the game is still Tetris—one of the most popular puzzle games of all time—but like you’ve never seen it, or heard it, or felt it before.
Whether in full HD on a standard display and PS4™, or in razor-sharp 4K resolution with a PS4™Pro, or in fully-immersive 3D via the optional PS VR support, TETRIS EFFECT’s gorgeous imagery, evocative sounds, and super-addictive gameplay add up to an unforgettable experience…and that’s literally unforgettable, as the game’s name implies.
- From the people who brought you stylish hits like the award-winning Rez Infiniteand Lumines: legendary creator Tetsuya Mizuguchi, and the developers at Monstars Inc. and Resonair.
- Includes the all-new “Zone” mechanic, where players can stop time (and Tetriminos falling) by entering “the Zone” and either get out of a sticky situation that could otherwise lead to “Game Over,” or rack up extra line clears for bonus rewards.
- Over 30 different stages, each with its own music, sound effects, graphical style and background that all evolve and change as you play through them.
- Fully playable on either a standard display (up to 4K and 60fps on a PS4™Pro), or optionally in mind-blowing 3D on PS VR.
- Fan-favorite modes like Marathon, Sprint, and Ultra, with more all-new modes and other features to be revealed before launch.
- A player grading and leveling system as well as variable difficulty to encourage and reward replayability.