To Hell With Hell Review (Steam)
In our To Hell with Hell Review, we meet Natasias, a personal apocalypse that has arrived as she finds herself in hell in a battle against an army of darkness. In a classic Bullet Hell rogue-like crawler she’ll survive deadly traps and fight dozens and dozens of mad demonic enemies.
To Hell With Hell Review Pros:
- Decent graphics.
- 1.06GB download size.
- Steam achievements.
- Controller support.
- Graphics settings – fullscreen, lock cursor, resolution, brightness, and v – sync.
- 3 difficulties.
- Comic book-style cutscenes.
- Can skip cutscenes.
- Tutorial level initially.
- Twin-stick shooter gameplay.
- Masks can be picked up and these change the class you are which in turn changes what abilities you have.
- Weapons are everywhere and you can carry and swap between a few of them at a time.
- Destructible elements within the world.
- Earn rage from killing enemies and these power up your abilities.
- Health and ammo drop from enemies.
- Loot chests can be found.
- Every run is randomized.
- Dark atmosphere.
- A lot of replay value.
To Hell With Hell Review Cons:
- Have to unlock the two difficulties.
- Cannot rebind controls.
- Minimal graphic settings.
- All the locations feel the same.
- Not a lot of variety.
- The shoot is solid when you have ammo in good guns, the base guns are slow and crap.
- Doesn’t explain a lot about the game and you just go through endless loops of playing.
- You can easily lose health just by being close to enemies.
- Takes so long to get going.
- The weapons are good but the real fun ones are so hard to find.
Related Post: Speed Brawl Review (Steam)
To Hell With Hell:
Developer: Lazurite Games
Publisher: Deck13 Interactive
Store Links –
- Graphics - 7/107/10
- Sound - 6/106/10
- Accessibility - 6/106/10
- Length - 6/106/10
- Fun Factor - 6/106/10
To Hell With Hell is a twin-stick roguelike that goes for a hell-based run approach. In reality, it’s a very drab game as the locations all feel the same, the enemy-type pool is small and the weapons are fun but rare. I found myself just not enjoying it all, there was no solid loop to keep me going and instead, it felt like I would die in some lame way and respawn in a different room and go through it again. It just doesn’t feel like it has enough meat in there or uniqueness to justify any real dedication to it all. I tried and I tried but it just never got going and even if I finally found a good weapon, the ammo would be so sparse that it cannot really be used. I’m not sure why or what this game is going for because it’s almost a stripped-down roguelike and they forgot to put a load of content back in.