Toy Story 2:Buzz Lightyear to the rescue is a video game based on the film Toy Story 2. It boasts DVD quality FMV’s and a story running parallel with the film. The game was available on a selection of consoles from the SEGA Dreamcast to N64 to PlayStation 1 to the PC. The game is identical on all versions.
- Great presentation of the game and has a wonderful atmosphere
- Great soundtrack
- Levels are varied from Andy’s room to Al’s toy barn its all in there
- Controls are simple and easy for younger players to enjoy the game
- DVD quality FMV throughout the game
- Loads of collectibles that are needed to complete the levels
- Get help from all the other toys like Rex, Ham and Mr Potato Head
- Story is a good solid 8 hour affair with multiple play throughs of levels needed for pick ups
- Unlocked movies can be re watched in movie theatre, Just right for keeping the kids quiet
- Camera angles are really bad, Yes you can control it some what but not enough to stop frustrating moments
- The grab mechanic is hit and miss, So a ledge you can reach and grab may not work for some unknown reason while trying again later will work first time
- The goals in each level are the same. Collect 50 coins, Kill a mini boss being two examples
- Boss levels give you no clue on how to defeat them meaning a annoying try this and try that affair
- When you die you spawn straight back where you died. Sounds good but not if you die in gunfire as you spawn straight back into the same gunfire!
In summary despite its flaws with the camera you can still get a lot of enjoyment out of this game. Its worth a play even by todays standards if only to keep the kids quiet.