Toy Story 2: Buzz Lightyear to the Rescue Review (PlayStation 3)
Toy Story 2: Buzz Lightyear to the Rescue Review Pros:
- Decent graphics.
- Action-platformer gameplay.
- Great presentation of the game and has a wonderful atmosphere
- Great soundtrack
- Levels are varied from Andy’s room to Al’s toy barn its all in there
- Controls are simple and easy for younger players to enjoy the game
- DVD quality FMV throughout the game.
- Hidden collectibles.
- Takes in a lot of the locations from the movie.
- Loads of collectibles that are needed to complete the levels
- Get help from all the other toys like Rex, Ham, and Mr. Potato Head.
- Voice work is not that bad.
- Mini-games are scattered all over the game and are optional.
- The story is a good solid 8-hour affair with multiple playthroughs of levels needed for pick-ups
- Unlocked movies can be rewatched in the movie theatre, Just right for keeping the kids quiet.
Toy Story 2: Buzz Lightyear to the Rescue Review Cons:
- Camera angles are really bad, Yes you can control it somewhat but not enough to stop frustrating moments
- The grab mechanic is hit and miss, So a ledge you can reach and grab may not work for some unknown reason while trying again later will work the first time
- The goals at each level are the same. Collect 50 coins, Kill a mini-boss being two examples
- Boss levels give you no clue on how to defeat them meaning an annoying try this and try that affair
- When you die you spawn straight back where you died. Sounds good but not if you die in gunfire as you spawn straight back into the same gunfire!
Toy Story 2: Buzz Lightyear to the Rescue:
Developer: Disney Interactive
- Graphics - 7/107/10
- Sound - 7/107/10
- Accessibility - 6/106/10
- Length - 7/107/10
- Fun Factor - 7/107/10
In summary, despite its flaws with the camera, you can still get a lot of enjoyment out of this game. It’s worth a play even by today’s standards if only to keep the kids quiet or play a decent retro gaming platformer game, That and the game/film are cool. Hopefully, our Toy Story 2: Buzz Lightyear to the Rescue Review gave you the urge to at least try the game.