Tracks-The Train Set Game Review (Steam)
Jump into the ultimate toy sandbox and build the train set of your dreams! Create colorful railway systems, decorate beautiful towns, transport commuting passengers, and even ride your train in first-person.
- Nice Chunky graphics.
- 1.35GB Download size.
- Steam achievements.
- Controller support.
- Graphics-fullscreen, resolution, v-sync, graphics preset, a field of view slider for build mode and train mode, simple materials on/off, view distance, motion blur, and resolution scale.
- Invert look option.
- Tutorial initially plays but can be skipped or disabled in the settings.
- The gameplay is a mixture of puzzle-solving and world creation.
- Play how you want.
- Save when you want.
- Controls are easy to use.
- You can put as much time and creation into a level as you want.
- Different level themes.
- Can edit the sky color, sun/moon color, and the ground which includes the weather type.
- Drive your train in the first person and control the speed and braking.
- Goal-get passengers from one point to the station.
- Many tools to play with.
- Six environments-clear, clear night, modern apartment, modern apartment night, bedroom, and bedroom night.
- Free play mode.
- Building tracks is so simple and easy that it takes no time at all to build a track, it will auto place junctions and you can go back and edit any individual track piece.
- Buildings range from houses to police stations to places of work.
- Can change the icon sizes in the menu on the fly.
- Add cars, people, lamp posts and so much more.
- Build special active buildings that can have precious cargo to transport.
- Build roads as well as train tracks.
- Chilled out soundtrack.
- Can change the styling of the tracks and train from an in-game menu.
- Works well with the controller.
- Slow starter.
- A lot to take in.
- Can’t rebind the controls.
- Music is repetitive.
- No online aspects.
- Basic customisation with it just being colors and shapes really.
- Only a handful of levels.
- Can’t do all modes on each level.
- The menu can feel clunky at times.
- Graphics - 8/108/10
- Sound - 7/107/10
- Accessibility - 8/108/10
- Length - 8/108/10
- Fun Factor - 9/109/10
Tracks The Train Set Game is one of those games that is more therapeutic than anything else. It’s a game that lets you build the biggest (or smallest) train sets without any huge investment of money or space to lay it down. With easy to use controls and a clever fluid track laying system, Tracks The Train Set is a great game where you need to build tracks to transport cargo or passengers around the level. You can add in buildings, people, and other scenery items. But for me what I really like is how after you have built your set, you can jump into the train and drive it! Control the speed and braking and make it all happen, it’s seamlessly done and is a cohesive experience that will delight but only those looking for this type of thing. If you don’t like the sound of it then the game won’t change your mind really, it’s a game all about creating tracks and transporting passengers. Overall it’s more an interactive meditative experience and a great game to chill with.