Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince footage and dev diary released
Modus Games today released a new video as part of their Indie Access series, featuring developer Frozenbyte in a behind-the-scenes look at the upcoming and highly anticipated Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince, coming to PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, and PC this fall.
Alongside new footage of Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince, Frozenbyte candidly reflects on development decisions they’ve made in their decade-long career and discusses how the studio has refocused itself, returning to its roots to bring fans the most robust Trine game to date.
Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince is set to launch this fall as the longest Trine game to date boasting significantly more gameplay than Trine 1 & 2. Alongside the series’ new installment, Modus will release Trine: Ultimate Collection, the best way to experience the entire Trine series for new and existing fans alike.
Packed with bonus content at retail, the bundle will include Trine Enchanted Edition, Trine 2: Complete Story, Trine 3: The Artifacts of Power, and Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince and will be available on PS4, Xbox One and PC both physically and digitally. Preorder information is below, including details on how to grab a pre-order bonus for both Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince and Trine: Ultimate Collection.
About Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince:
Featuring an all-new story that reunites Amadeus, Pontius, and Zoya, Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince returns to the magic of 2.5D with the puzzle-platforming gameplay that defined a genre in Trine 1 and 2. Play as the three iconic heroes in the most extensive Trine adventure yet, complete with stunning new environments and dynamic, physics-based puzzles that fans have grown to know and love.
After years apart, the Astral Academy has requested help from the three heroes to find Prince Selius, whose intensely dark nightmares have begun to slip into reality and wreak havoc on the waking world. Encounter more epic boss fights than ever before, solve fascinating puzzles, unlock new skills, explore lush, vibrant landscapes, and experience a hauntingly beautiful new soundtrack by the composer of Trine 1-3. Additionally, and for the first time ever, Trine adds four-player co-op to its feature list.
- Gorgeous, 2.5D landscapes. Explore uniquely designed levels in beautiful, 2.5 dimensions, from breathtaking ruins and haunted tombs to tranquil birch groves and blueberry forests.
- Local and online multiplayer. Play with up to 4 players online or in local co-op.
- Captivating storytelling. Follow the story of a haunted prince as you journey through magical fairytale landscapes inhabited by friendly creatures, as well as a host of nightmarish foes.
- Dynamic puzzle-solving. Solve puzzles – solo or with friends – that feature fire, air, light, magnets, electricity and more, with challenges tailored to the number of players.
- Abundant skill trees. Unlock diverse abilities and amazing new skills.
- Completely revamped combat system. Experience the heroes’ own bloodcurdling nightmares in boss fights featuring an enriched combat system with fresh challenges and thrilling action!
- Enchanting soundtrack. Enjoy a wondrous soundtrack with songs that bring life to each new environment.
Trine: Ultimate Collection at retail will include:
- Trine 1-4
- Trine Series Original Soundtrack (download code)
- Trine 4 Digital Art Book (download code)
- Collector’s Reversible Cover Sheet
- Physical Trine 4 World Map
Consumers who buy Trine 4 at retail will receive:
- Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince
- Physical Trine 4 World Map
- Pre-order Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince or Trine: Ultimate Collection today to get bonus in-game content