The Hugely popular Virtua Tennis series hits the Sony PlayStation Vita. How will it stand up on the handheld.
- Touch controls are non evasive and a welcome edition
- Looks gorgeous on the Vita screen
- Has all the options and depth that the console versions have
- Online play works well
- Uses all the Vita capabilities from using the camera to add your face to the game, To using the rear touch pad for control shots
- Has a Vita only section where you again use the vita capabilities to play special matches. Like play in first person view or using the gyro to help sink a pirate ship
- You can even play the whole game using just the touch screen and well
- Mini games are all present from the console versions
- Has a huge in depth career mode where you start off as a rookie and work your way up through the ranks
- You may not like tennis
- The AI can get very cheap on higher difficulties
- Playing against King is still an infuriating experience
- Getting angry and smashing your pad on the console version is one thing, But with this one if you do that then you got yourself a high repair bill!
As you can see hardly any down sides to owning this game on Vita. I’ve known non tennis fans enjoying this game. Its a bright and colorful easily accessible arcade tennis experience