Warner Bros today revealed the first look at Mortal Kombat 11
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment today revealed the first look at Mortal Kombat 11 with a showcase of crushing new gameplay, new and returning fighters, immersive story elements and innovative features that offer a more personalized experience than ever before. Livestreamed to a global audience, the experiential, community celebration featured multiple reveals, including an appearance by UFC Champion, Olympic medalist and WWE Superstar, Ronda Rousey, who was announced as the voice of Sonya Blade, at the US reveal event.
To view and share the official Mortal Kombat 11: The Reveal event live stream, visit: https://www.twitch.tv/
“I’ve been a lifelong Mortal Kombat fan, and Sonya Blade was the first kick-ass, female video game character that I related to,” said Ronda Rousey. “Now I get to voice her in Mortal Kombat 11. It’s a dream come true to be a part of the Mortal Kombat franchise that I grew up playing.”
“We’re thrilled to showcase Mortal Kombat 11 and reveal the gameplay, new features and epic characters to the fans,” said Ed Boon, Creative Director, NetherRealm Studios. “We have an amazing community, and it’s an honor to share this celebration of the Mortal Kombat™franchise with all of our passionate fans around the world.”
Today’s Mortal Kombat 11 announcements included:
- UFC champion, Olympic Medalist and WWE superstar, Ronda Rousey, was announced as the voice of Sonya Blade.
- The first Gameplay Reveal Trailer featuring an original music track created in collaboration with international DJ Dimitri Vegas, titled “You’re Next.”
- Introduction to the Story Mode, teasing the all-new, time-bending narrative featuring Kronika, the first female boss character in Mortal Kombat™ history, who is the Keeper of Time and creator of existence.
- Announced new fighter Geras, a powerful and loyal servant of Kronika who is able to manipulate time, along with fan-favorite characters, including, Baraka, Raiden, Skarlet, Scorpion, Sonya Blade and Sub-Zero.
- A montage of Mortal Kombat’s most iconic feature, Fatalities, showcasing the most gruesome, over-the-top Fatalities in Mortal Kombat™ history. T
- Exclusive Mortal Kombat 11-inspired Under Armour Anatomix Spawn basketball footwear showcased via six custom designs by top sneaker artist and MK Kollectiveambassador, Mache.
- Pre-order Mortal Kombat 11 on PlayStation 4, PlayStation, Xbox One or Xbox One X to receive access to the beta, available 28th March 2019. Pre-orders will receive the in-game, playable character, Shao Kahn.
- Mortal Kombat 11 Kollector’s Edition revealed, which includes the main game, Kombat Pack, Scorpion mask bust, exclusive steel case, commemorative magnet coin, and authenticity plate.
Mortal Kombat 11 is the latest installment in the critically-acclaimed franchise, developed by award-winning NetherRealm Studios, and is scheduled for release beginning 23rd April 2019 for PlayStation 4, the Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC.