What Just Happened? Nintendo Direct Mini presentation rundown
During the latest Nintendo Direct Mini video presentation, Nintendo shined the spotlight on a breadth of different types of games launching for the Nintendo Switch in 2020 – some of which are available today! Games featured in the video include sprawling role-playing adventures like Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition and BRAVELY DEFAULT II; classic franchises like Borderlands, XCOM 2 and BioShock coming to a Nintendo console for the first time; remakes of fan-favourites in titles like Burnout Paradise Remastered and Panzer Dragoon: Remake; and titles perfect for both casual and long-time gamers like Good Job!, 51 Worldwide Games and Animal Crossing: New Horizons.
The Nintendo Direct Mini also revealed upcoming content for currently available Nintendo Switch games like a free update for Ring Fit Adventure, more details about the upcoming paid DLC for Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield, as well as news that the first fighter in the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Fighters Pass Vol. 2 is arriving from the ARMS franchise.
To view the Nintendo Direct Mini video in its entirety, visit https://www.nintendo.co.uk/
- Good Job!: In this madcap action-puzzle game from Nintendo, perform hilarious and challenging tasks around a sprawling office building to get the job done by any means necessary, alone or two-player mode*. Good Job! launches in Nintendo Switch on Nintendo eShop today.
- MARVEL ULTIMATE ALLIANCE 3: The Black Order Expansion Pass – Pack 3: It’s Doctor Doom vs. Marvel’s first family when the MARVEL ULTIMATE ALLIANCE 3: The Black Order Expansion Pass – Pack 3: Fantastic Four: Shadow of Doom launches for the Nintendo Switch today. The new pack adds the Fantastic Four and Doctor Doom as playable characters as they fight through a new story campaign. The Expansion Pass**, which also includes Pack 1 and Pack 2, can be purchased from Nintendo eShop.
- Ring Fit Adventure Update: A free update is coming to Ring Fit Adventure later today. The update adds a new Rhythm Game mode, an option to switch to a female voice and to change the language of the in-game voice, and more. In the Rhythm Game mode, move to the beat of a dozen music tracks from Ring Fit Adventure, and a few tracks from popular Nintendo games, including Super Mario Odyssey, Splatoon 2 and The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. The update is available starting today.
- Shinsekai: Into the Depths: In this deep-sea exploration game, players collect resources to upgrade their gear, craft items and dive deeper into the abyss. As they explore increasingly mysterious environments, players have to monitor their oxygen and pressure levels to survive. Shinsekai: Into the Depths launches for Nintendo Switch today.
- Panzer Dragoon: Remake: In this remake of the dragon-riding classic, players pilot the Blue Dragon through incredible landscapes, battling giant creatures and lethal battleships using 360-degree controls and lock-on targeting. Panzer Dragoon: Remake launches first on Nintendo Switch as a timed console exclusive today.
- Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy: Enter Luke Skywalker’s Jedi Academy to learn the ways of the Force! Players can customise their Jedi looks and battle online with up to 16 players when Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy launches on Nintendo Switch today.
Launching in 2020
- Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition: The original Xenoblade Chronicles game, which marked the debut of fan-favourite character Shulk, comes to Nintendo Switch with a new epilogue story, Xenoblade Chronicles: Future Connected. This definitive edition of the RPG also looks better and plays smoother than ever before. The battle HUD and menu screens are easy to read and easy to use. Some of the music tracks have been remastered or remixed. Experience the majesty of Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition when it launches for Nintendo Switch on 29th May. On the same day, the Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition – Collector’s Set will also launch, featuring a 250-page artbook full of beautiful landscapes, a SteelBook, a vinyl featuring the Monado printed on the sleeve and a poster. Early purchasers can pre-load the game today from Nintendo eShop and will receive Gold Points worth 5% of the amount paid.
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons: Now that Animal Crossing: New Horizons has launched for Nintendo Switch, the first seasonal event is on its way. Between 1st April and 12th April, residents of the island can participate in Bunny Day to find eggs hidden by bunny visitor Zipper and craft special items with them. The next free update to the game hits in late April, which adds the Earth Day event*****. Follow the Animal Crossing Twitter account for the latest news and updates about the game.
- Pokémon Sword Expansion Pass and Pokémon Shield Expansion Pass: With the new Pokémon Sword Expansion Pass and Pokémon Shield Expansion Pass, the sprawling island in the sea, the Isle of Armor, and the frozen snowscape known as the Crown Tundra will be available in the Galar region. On the Isle of Armor, Trainers can gather at a new dojo for Pokémon Battles to master their skills. By training at this dojo, players will receive the Legendary Pokémon Kubfu from the master, Mustard. Through training with Kubfu, Trainers will receive permission to challenge the Towers of Two Fists on the Isle of Armor. Once one of the two towers has been conquered, Kubfu will evolve into Urshifu. In addition to new outfit items and hair styles, the Expansion Passes will also add new league card backgrounds, effects and frames. The Pokémon Sword Expansion Pass and Pokémon Shield Expansion Pass Part 1 – The Isle of Armor launches by the end of June. Additional information about the Pokémon Sword Expansion Pass and Pokémon Shield Expansion Pass Part 2 – The Crown Tundra will be revealed in the future. Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield Expansion Passes, which include The Isle of Armor and The Crown Tundra as they release, can be purchased from Nintendo eShop for £26.99 each.**
- BRAVELY DEFAULT II: In this follow-up to the original BRAVELY DEFAULT, the new four Heroes of Light embark on a grand and glorious mission guided by the elemental crystals. Like the first game, BRAVELY DEFAULT II features a battle system that emphasises strategy, with players deciding when to attack (Brave) or hold back and wait for the right moment to strike (Default). With beautiful places to explore and new jobs to acquire, some of which can even be combined, BRAVELY DEFAULT II is another epic RPG in the Nintendo Switch library. A free demo is available today.
- A Wealth of 2K Games: Many games from publisher 2K are coming to Nintendo Switch on 29th May, including sci-fi classic XCOM 2 Collection – which contains XCOM 2, 4 DLC packs, and the War of the Chosen expansion – as well as Borderlands Legendary Collection, which contains the original Borderlands, its sequel, Borderlands 2, and its “pre-sequel,” Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel. 2K is also bringing its acclaimed BioShock series to Nintendo Switch, with BioShock Remastered, BioShock 2 Remastered and BioShock Infinite: The Complete Edition, as well as BioShock: The Collection, which includes all three BioShock games in one package.
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: The first fighter in the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Fighters Pass Vol. 2 will be joining the battle from the Nintendo Switch title ARMS! The fighter will be announced and released this June.
- 51 Worldwide Games: Four-in-a-row, Mancala, Slot Cars, Sliding Puzzle and Texas Hold’em are only a handful of the 51 games from around the world included in 51 Worldwide Games. Some of the games are multiplayer, including options for up to four people to play locally*** or online****. 51 Worldwide Games launches for Nintendo Switch on 5th June. Anyone who wants to pre-purchase the game can do so from Nintendo eShop starting today and will receive Gold Points worth 5% of the amount paid.
- Burnout Paradise Remastered: 10 years later, the classic high-octane racer is back with this remastered version. Featuring breakneck racing, high-flying stunts and, most importantly, shameless amounts of automotive destruction, Burnout Paradise Remastered crashes onto Nintendo Switch in 2020.
- Fuser: Take on the role of a DJ in this upcoming rhythm game from Harmonix, the creators of Rock Band. Fuser launches for Nintendo Switch this autumn.
- King’s Bounty II: Since 1990, the King’s Bounty series has been influencing the evolution of western RPGs. In this new sequel, the series is back with a fresh look and a new approach. In King’s Bounty II, the graphics are more realistic, in-game choices matter more than ever, and a new character development system informs the ethics and affinities of new characters. King’s Bounty II launches on Nintendo Switch in 2020.
- Ninjala: In this free-to-play game, up to eight players**** must battle it out to earn points and claim victory. As ninjas, players can sprint across stages, disguise themselves and wield an arsenal of skills, like heavy-hitting hammers, fast and flashy katanas, and tricked-out yo-yos. Cement your supremacy in free-for-all battles or work together in 4-on-4 team matches. Ninjala sneaks up to Nintendo Switch on 27th May.
- Catherine: Full Body: The unique puzzle-adventure game is coming to Nintendo Switch as Catherine: Full Body, a remake of the original game. Climb a tower of puzzle blocks and dive into a mature, intense and intoxicating story when Catherine: Full Body launches for Nintendo Switch on 7th July.
- Star Wars Episode I: Racer: Strap into a pod racer and go for first place in Star Wars Episode I: Racer, launching soon for Nintendo Switch.
Even more games are coming to Nintendo Switch in the coming months, including Saints Row IV: Re-Elected (27th March), Trials of Mana (24th April), The Elder Scrolls: Blades (spring 2020), Minecraft Dungeons (Spring 2020), Warhammer 40,000: Mechanicus (May), MR. DRILLER DrillLand (25th June), The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III (30th June) and Vigor (autumn). With so many titles available on Nintendo Switch, using Nintendo eShop’s Wish List function can be a good way to keep track of them. Now, to make it even more convenient, it’s possible to access, manage and add games to a Nintendo Switch Wish List via the official Nintendo website. Find out more on this new feature on the Nintendo Switch Wish List page via our website.
New Nintendo Direct Mini highlights a wide variety of games coming to Nintendo Switch this year including Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition, BRAVELY DEFAULT II, BioShock: The Collection and more.