Wipeout HD/Fury Review (PlayStation 3)
Wipeout HD/Fury Review Pros:
- Beautiful graphics.
- The campaign is huge and varied and easily has over 12+ hours worth of gameplay
- Looks stunning and plays at 60fps
- Racing gameplay.
- Loads of customizable options to unlock from using the HUD from previous games such as 2097 and wip3out.
- Online leaderboards.
- Amazing locations to race on.
- Banging soundtrack from some top artists including DJ Fresh, Ed Rush to name but a few
- The tracks are actually revamped versions of the PSP Wipeout games
- You can use your own music in-game and have special effects on it so that it changes when you go through tunnels
- Racebox is a mode where you can set up and customize your own races, tournaments, or events on the fly. This is also available for online play
- The campaign is huge and you can choose how to play.
- A lot of replay value.
- Cross-play with VITA owners who purchased the Fury add on
- Fury doubles the size of the game giving you the same amount of single-player content whilst also adding more ships, tracks, and music
- New game modes make an appearance such as Zone which sees you hitting speed ups and deploying gates (basically bombs) behind you to increase the game speed, The graphics are changed to just brightly colored versions of the original level
- Online is quick and easy to join or create matches with friends with full leaderboard support
- Each campaign has 8 overall events with 6-18 races in each event
- For you Wipeout novices or people not very good at the game an option is now available to you to make cornering easier, By reducing the chances of hitting the sides
- Online has a ranking system based on how you play, So it’s not just for winning but for things like damage inflicted, clean laps, overtaking, etc…
- Fast loading times.
- This is a cheap game on PSN coming in under 15 pounds and even cheaper on disc
- Did I mention it looks stunning!?
Wipeout HD/Fury Review Cons:
- The campaign can get so difficult you may well hit a brick wall in the end
- Your eyes may melt due to the sheer speed and intensity of it all
- You can easily get owned online and may leave a nasty taste in the mouth
- If you are a trophy hunter then you are in for a whole world of hurt.
Official website (unavailable)
Developer: Studio Liverpool (unavailable)
Publisher: Sony Studios
- Graphics - 9/109/10
- Sound - 9/109/10
- Accessibility - 8/108/10
- Length - 9/109/10
- Fun Factor - 9/109/10