Brought to us from the talented team at Studio Liverpool they give us Wipeout HD exclusively on PS3. The Fury part of the name relates to the DLC for the game that adds an extra campaign, few new ships and more tracks to race on. Available on both both disc and PSN.
- Campaign is huge and varied and easily has over 12+ hours worth of game play
- Looks stunning and plays at 60fps
- Loads of customisable options to unlock from using the HUD from previous games such as 2097 and wip3out.
- Banging soundtrack from some top artists including DJ Fresh, Ed Rush to name but a few
- The tracks are actually revamped versions of the PSP Wipeout games
- You can use your own music in game and have special effects on so that it changes when you go through tunnels
- Racebox is a mode where you can setup and customise your own races, tournaments or events on the fly. This is also available for online play
- Fury has cross play with VITA owners who purchased the Fury add on
- Fury doubles the size of the game giving you the same amount of single player content whilst also adding more ships, tracks and music
- New game modes make an appearance such as Zone which sees you hitting speed ups and deploying gates (basically bombs) behind you to increase the game speed, The graphics are changed to just brightly coloured versions of the original level
- Online is quick and easy to join or create matches with friends with full leaderboard support
- Each campaign has 8 overall events with 6-18 races in each event
- For you Wipeout novices or people not very good at the game a option is now available to you to make cornering easier, By reducing the chances of hitting the sides
- Online has a ranking system based on how you play, So its not just for winning but for things like damage inflicted, clean laps, overtaking etc….
- Tis a cheap game on PSN coming in under 15 pounds and even cheaper on disc
- Did I mention it looks stunning!?
- Campaign can get so difficult you may well hit a brick wall in the end
- Your eyes may melt due to the sheer speed and intensity of it all
- You can easily get owned online and may leave a nasty taste in the mouth
- If your a trophy whore your in for a whole world of hurt due to some difficult trophies
In summary this is one of the best Wipeout in recent years. Looks and plays stunning whilst maintaining all the 60fps goodness. Both amateurs and veterans of the Wipeout series will rejoice on a well made game.
With a new breath of life received through the VITA support, This is the game that keeps giving