Witch It Review (Steam)
Witch It is a multiplayer hide & seek game. Hunters are tasked with seeking hidden witches that blend in with the environment – trust no furnishing, grocery, or utensil!
- Gorgeous graphics.
- 5236mb download size.
- Steam achievements.
- Controller support.
- Launcher options-play/restore config defaults and start without intros.
- Hide and seek gameplay.
- Graphics-fullscreen, resolution, resolution scale, v-sync, frame rate limit, gamma, sharpen, a field of view slider, motion blur, anti-aliasing, view distance, shadows, post-processing, visual effects and, textures.
- Controller and mouse Invert axis and sensitivity sliders.
- Can disable jump scares.
- Player icons to unlock and equip.
- Four game modes-Hide and seek, mobification, hunt a hag, and fill a pot.
- Tutorial videos.
- Hunters Vs Witches.
- Both sides have skills and the main move. Witches can change into anything, whereas hunters can throw potatoes at anything to find the witches.
- First and third-person perspectives.
- 15 base game maps.
- Match options- quick match, server list, custom match, and creative mode.
- Can filter the search by region and game type.
- Custom game settings-map, public/private, password, game mode, max players (1-16), hide time, search time, hunter ratio, hunter stamina, idle kick, show allied witches and spectators can see witches.
- Creative mode settings-map, public/private, password, and player count. In creative the map stays as one but you can add anything anywhere in terms of props.
- Can’t skip boot up splash screens.
- The controller doesn’t always work in the menus and it disconnects.
- No playable tutorial.
- Props for creativity have to be found and used in online games first.
- No way to hide rooms with passwords in the search list.
- No bot/Ai support.
- Small online population.
- No offline/single-player modes.
- Pain in the ass to leave a lobby and go back.
- Tutorial videos have different volumes.
- Graphics - 8/108/10
- Sound - 8/108/10
- Accessibility - 7/107/10
- Length - 7/107/10
- Fun Factor - 8/108/10
Now my memory is a bit hazy but I think a game came out whereby you hid as a cardboard box or something and people had to find you? Anyway Witch it, it’s a game whereby the witches can turn into any prop in a level and hide whilst the hunters can roam the level and throw potatoes at props and if a witch is hot they will scream. From then on it’s a case of using skills like grappling hooks or flying or throwing chickens as the hunter to catch the witch. The witch just has to survive the clock. That’s one game mode and the others are variations of that like Mobification where once a witch is caught they become a hunter and so on. Fill the pot is a more tactical game as you need to turn into set props and fill cauldrons. The atmosphere of the game is that of a happy go lucky game and feels warm despite the slight horror aspect of it all. I found the game to be a lot of fun with friends or randoms as it’s very accessible and doesn’t rely on teamwork too much. I didn’t like how much the controller would stop working in menus or how low the population was that limited how much I could play the game. It’s a game that’s perfect for Halloween as it leans into it heavily and if you can get a group of mates in then you will have a lot of fun otherwise it’s a gamble as you will never know when or if you can play the game when you want.