Alpaca Ball: Allstars Review (Steam)
Football with Alpacas! Bring the cup home in this hilarious and chaotic physics-based party game. Play with up to 8 players in versus mode, or tackle the career mode either solo or in 2 player co-op! Peru-ve yourself on the Picchu and win those Machus.
- Nice Chunky graphics.
- 823mb Download size.
- Steam achievements.
- Controller support.
- Graphics-fullscreen, resolution, and graphics quality.
- Two modes-career and play.
- Training acts as a tutorial.
- Alpaca football gameplay.
- Career uses a world map level select where you can freely walk and run around the map.
- 2-8 player matches.
- 3 difficulties-easy, normal and hard.
- Golden goal-on/off.
- Game time-1-10 minutes.
- Power-ups on the pitch.
- A lot of fun.
- No skill just pure dumb luck.
- You can jump, shoot, power shot, and kick backward as well as the dash.
- Knock each other out with hits.
- Basic Llama customisation.
- Fun arenas to play in with each having unique quirks.
- A slowdown on shots and goals.
- Supports keyboard.
- Fast loading times.
- Play with different ball types in career mode.
- Good soundtrack.
- A very happy game.
- Local co-op support for the career mode.
- Play mode supports up to 8 local players.
- No voicework for the Llamas.
- Training is just a small pitch with the controls written on the floor.
- Basic graphic settings.
- No online play.
- The career doesn’t have Ai difficulties.
- More luck based than skill.
- Hard to see where you are in bigger games.
- The slowdown on shots and goals gets rather tedious.
- Can’t change ball type in play mode.
- No big goal celebrations or acknowledgment.
- Just the one mode.
- The controls written on the floor and on the menu are wrong. They have A and B the wrong way round.
- Only one control scheme.
- Graphics - 8/108/10
- Sound - 7/107/10
- Accessibility - 6/106/10
- Length - 6/106/10
- Fun Factor - 9/109/10
Alpaca Ball Allstars is a football game that is just a breath of fresh air and a good time! I may have seen everything and done everything in a few hours but those few hours were so much fun. It’s a game where it’s luck more than skill, but when you shoot and score every goal is euphoric even if it’s an own goal. It’s fast-paced and full of wackiness and I loved every minute. Power-ups are randomly given to you and mix it up a bit more with things like small players, faster movements, or homing shot, it all culminates into a mess of goals and knockouts. I want to see the game added to and maybe online because the local mp is good fun but online would open it up to more people and get the esports league we need. If all the bad stuff in the world has you down, grab Alpaca Ball Allstars and bring that smile back, even for a few hours of fun, it will be worth it.