Baldurs Gate III Preview (Steam Early Access)
Gather your party, and return to the Forgotten Realms in a tale of fellowship and betrayal, sacrifice and survival, and the lure of absolute power.
- Gorgeous graphics.
- 84502MB download size.
- Vulkan or Direct X11 option.
- Larian account signup-links your Steam account and enables cross saves.
- Use its own launcher within Steam.
- Dungeons and Dragons RPG gameplay.
- Graphics-fullscreen, resolution, v-sync, frame rate cap, frame rate slider, gamma correction slider, overall graphics preset (custom/very low/low/medium/high/ultra), auto-detect graphics settings, model quality, instance distance, texture quality, texture filtering, lighting quality, shadows, light shadows, shadow quality, anti-aliasing, ambient occlusion, depth of field, God rays, bloom, contrast adaptive sharpening, contrast slider, and subsurface scattering.
- Saves-auto saves, number of quicksave slots slider, number of autosave slots slider, and cross-save support.
- Player profile setup with support for many.
- Can skip cutscenes.
- Highly rendered and detailed cutscenes.
- Player creator-origin, race, appearance, class, skills, and abilities.
- 13 player backgrounds-folk hero, guild artisan, noble, hermit, outlander, sage, sailor, soldier, urchin, Acolyte, charlatan, criminal, and entertainer.
- Eight races-Elf, Tiefling, Drow, Human, Githyanki, Dwarf, Half-Elf, and Halfling. Each has a handful of subraces.
- Six classes-Cleric, Fighter, Ranger, Rogue, Warlock, and Wizard.
- Opening tutorial.
- Uses the Dungeons and Dragons 5e ruleset.
- Turn-based combat.
- 2-4 player online multiplayer.
- No controller support.
- Doesn’t have Steam achievements.
- Long initial load time.
- The tutorial feels like it’s lacking in direction and guidance.