Chuhou Joutai 2 Paraided Review (Steam)
The true strength of The Real Driller is the wisdom of this Chuhou Joutai 2 Paraided Review. You won’t be exploring just Kozankyo like in Chuhou Joutai, but nearby cities as well. The new swaths of danmaku will challenge your reflexes to another level. New enemies, including mythical creatures and Crimsonite types, are also here to challenge you as well. Even after you dominated SPASDOT in Susumu Takajima and Kagami Ochiai’s previous adventure, the war against the group is still ongoing. But this time you’re going beyond Kozankyo. Travel to the east, west, and south.
Chuhou Joutai 2 Paraided Review Pros:
- Gorgeous pixel art graphics.
- 148.31MB download size.
- Steam achievements.
- Controller support.
- Graphics-fullscreen and resolution.
- All new locations.
- Remote play together support.
- An Analog test happens before playing.
- Shmup/bullet hell gameplay.
- Two modes-free play and arcade.
- Own in-game achievements.
- Extras-music player and achievement Centre.
- Two-player local support.
- Hilarious dialogue that keeps the story going.
- Two characters–Driller and Kagami. Each has two weapon types.
- Four difficulties-easy/normal/diffuclt/lunatic.
- Awesome Chiptune soundtrack.
- Cutscenes are text-based.
- Feels nostalgic.
- So much fun to play.
- Loads of replay value.
- Gunplay-shoot freely or do a powerful more channeled attack pattern.
- Can move all around the screen.
- Boss battles.
- Collect orbs for points and health.
Chuhou Joutai 2 Paraided Cons:
- Only two resolution options.
- No tutorial.
- Feels and plays a lot like the last game.
- Have to work out controls yourself.
- No online leaderboards.
- Hard to identify projectiles and orbs.
Chuhou Joutai 2 Paraided:
Publisher: Drillmation Systems
Developer: Drillmation Systems
- Operating System: Windows 8 or higher (64-bit only)
- Processor: 64-bit Intel Dual Core CPU
- Video Card: DirectX 11 or higher
- Resolution: 800×600 or higher, 1200×900 required for hi-res mode
- Hard Drive Space: 142.2 MB (57.8 MB for demo)
- RAM: 1GB or higher
- Controllers: Keyboard or Bluetooth-compatible gamepad (XInput preferred)
- Graphics - 9/109/10
- Sound - 9/109/10
- Accessibility - 7/107/10
- Length - 8/108/10
- Fun Factor - 9/109/10
Man, it’s good to be back in the world of Chuhou Joutai. Having the last game immensely, I instantly became enamored with it all over again, the graphics, the music is just so hypnotic, The gameplay is just so much fun, it evoked so many retro gaming moments, and whilst I can’t quite put my finger on it, I played through the game multiple of times and just wanted more and more of this feeling. It’s a solid piece of gaming with excellent boss fights but the music and new locations you play over are just so well executed and look fantastic. This game plays and feels the same as the last one but that’s not to demigrate it but to show how little needs to change in order to keep the good times rolling!