Classic Table Top Game The Warlock of Firetop Mountain Comes To iPhone/iPad Feb 22
When Steve Jackson and Ian Livingstone released their first Fighting Fantasy gamebook in 1982, a generation of fearless adventurers descended on Firetop Mountain — braving its monsters, magic, and mayhem to challenge the Warlock who guards its treasure.
On February 22, a new generation of iPhone and iPad gamers will join their ranks when Tin Man Games releases The Warlock of Firetop Mountain on the App Store as a $4.99 (USD) download.
You can read our review of the Steam (PC) version here.
Tin Man Games is an award-winning studio that has released over 30 digital gamebooks and interactive fiction apps for iPhone and iPad. While this isn’t their first Fighting Fantasy game, it’s undoubtedly their most ambitious, bringing the classic gamebook to life as a dynamic single-player tabletop adventure:
- Explore a vast 3D map populated by detailed miniature figurines that are based on the original gamebook’s illustrations
- Enjoy an epic fantasy storyline complete with old and new illustrations by Russ Nicholson, the original artist
- Play and replay as four distinct heroes — Lunika Ekaadi, Dekion Strom, Alexandra of Blacksand, and Arran Gottspeed — who each have their own reasons for exploring the mountain
- Choose your path in an interactive story with thousands of choices that vary based on your hero
- Outwit your opponents in simultaneous turn-based combat — learn their fighting styles and predict their moves
- Expand the adventure with new heroes, combat skills, and story quests available via in-app purchase