Cyber Hook Review (Steam)
Speed through a gorgeous retrowave world using parkour skills and a grappling hook to scale and ride walls in this fast-paced, 3D platformer. Blast enemies, manipulate time and abuse physics to avoid falling to your death.
- Neon tastic graphics.
- Download size.
- Steam achievements.
- Controller support.
- Graphics-fullscreen, resolution, v-sync, anti aliasing, motion blur, reflections, ground reflection quality, maximum fps, display shadows.
- Field of view slider.
- Invert axis and sensitivity sliders.
- Change crosshair size.
- Can rebind keyboard controls.
- Speed runner support and in fact encourages it.
- Initial tutorial area.
- Speed platformer gameplay.
- The first person views and feels like a VR game.
- Intense Parkour rhythm to the platforming.
- Decent soundtrack.
- 3-second countdown after unpausing.
- Level flyby before playing.
- Each level plays out like an assault course in that you have to beat it in the fastest time.
- Cyber Hook-your tool to navigate the level and with it you can swing all around.
- Can’t see the controller layout.
- No, rebind controller option.
- The controls wouldn’t work at certain places almost like it didn’t recognize I’m using a controller.
- Slight learning curve.
- Constant controller issues.
- Graphics - 7/107/10
- Sound - 7/107/10
- Accessibility - 7/107/10
- Length - 8/108/10
- Fun Factor - 7/107/10
Cyber Hook is a fast-paced platformer with a heavy emphasis on doing it as fast as possible. Armed with just a Cyber Hook, you can grab and swing off the scenery and manipulate objects. It’s a game that looks fantastic with a neon appearance, it all plays out in the first person and feels like a VR game albeit with a VR headset. Right OK so as I said its a game all about speed, you need to replay levels over and over in order to maximize your run and time. You have a level timer and speedrunner support so don’t worry, in case you need it a replay mode is built in so you can see where needs improvement. Playing the game is initially tricky as you get to grips with the hook and how it reacts to you grabbing and swinging, I used the keyboard which had no problems but the controller was nothing short than a pain in the ass all the time. Cyber Hook is a game for speed and speedrunners or even people interested in speedrunning as it does encourage and nurture your need for speed, Overall Cyber Hook is the Neon Spiderman speedrunner game you didn’t know you needed.