Doodle God: Evolution Review (PlayStation 4)
Of course, the universe was not created in a day, a long journey full of joy and creative torments awaits you. Don’t worry, you will not be alone in this adventure! Every time you successfully create a new item you’ll be rewarded with an interesting scientific fact or wit and wisdom of some of the greatest philosophers and comedians of all time.
- Nice cartoon graphics.
- 424.2mb download size.
- Platinum trophy.
- Kod safe mode complete with pin.
- Trophies-own in game trophy list and a syn to PlayStation network button.
- A daily challenge for rewards.
- Wheel of fortune-use mana to spin the wheel for rewards.
- Type of puzzle gameplay.
- You are given a handful of elements at the start and you mix them together to make new elements that you then mix with others to make more.
- Missions are handed out to help guide progress.
- As elements are discovered they will fill in the world globe image with said element.
- Buy hints to help.
- 249 elements and creations to discover.
- Easy Platinum.
- Rebuild the world by creating humans, Animals, and predators.
- Very simple on screen icons for the controls.
- A known saying or phrase is awarded after finding an element.
- You can animate the globe with all the elements in action.
- How to play section.
- Excellent time waster.
- A catalog that shows all found matches so far.
- Shop-buy hints and new options using mana.
- Cold open with no introduction or help.
- Looks and feels like a mobile game.
- Very dull sounding soundtrack and effects.
- Hints are bought but are time-based like some sort of free to play the game.
- Clear controls but clumsy awkward execution of them in practice.
- One note gameplay.
- When you create a new element you get chucked straight back to the globe to see the element introduced.
- Easy to overthink.
- Can just brute force your way through.
- You get a load of mana straight away so you can just auto hint (complete a new element) over and over as you will get mana as rewards on some of them.
- No replay value at all.
- Graphics - 7/107/10
- Sound - 6/106/10
- Accessibility - 7/107/10
- Length - 7/107/10
- Fun Factor - 7/107/10
Doodle God Evolution is a game where you mix elements together to make a new element which you then mix with others and so on and so on. It’s a very simple idea with even simpler controls. It does start off very cold however as you stumble your way through a series of button presses and guesswork. It looks and plays like a mobile game, buying timed hints makes an even stronger case for it to be a mobile game that has free to play mechanics within. I don’t hate the game and it is a game you could whack on and lose an hour or two and maybe get a quick Platinum trophy. I constantly found myself overthinking the matches and it grew frustrating so I just abused the hint system and brute-forced the rest. Doodle God is less of a game and more an interactive puzzle with bogus mobile phone antics.