Doodle World Deluxe Review (Nintendo Switch OLED)
For this Doodle World Deluxe Review, The evil King Eraser and his office supply minions had stolen the magical crayon used to create Doodle’s amazing world! Play as Doodle and travel across the world to defeat King Eraser and his minions. A child’s doodles have been brought to life in this highly stylized 8-bit game! Embracing the limitations of 8-bit hardware, we created an entire game with the look of a hand-drawn world on notebook paper.
Doodle World Deluxe Review Pros:
- Hand-drawn style graphics.
- 199MB download size.
- Platformer gameplay.
- Two games in one – Doodle World and Doodle World redrawn.
- Display settings – CRT filter, frame, aspect, and palette including Gameboy and VirtuaBoy.
- Overall menu system can be brought up at any time.
- Save and load when you want.
- Both games have two modes – Normal and kids mode. This affects lives and enemy density.
- Big end-of-level boss encounters.
- Collect crayons during the levels.
- Kill enemies by jumping on them.
- Find and use timed invincibility.
- Bonus rooms can be found for loads of crayons.
- Cool presentation.
- Accessible controls.
- Nice level of art and character design.
- Subtle soundtrack.
- Great little game for younger players.
Doodle World Deluxe Review Cons:
- Cannot rebind controls.
- No touchscreen support.
- Collecting crayons is pointless as is the scoring as it all means nothing.
- Not a particularly hard game even in normal mode.
- Underwhelming ending.
- The performance is not always smooth and judders cause cheap deaths.
- The invincibility lasts no time at all.
- Little replay value.
- Not that much difference between the two games.
Related Post: Vampire: The Masquerade New York Bundle Unboxing
Doodle World Deluxe:
Developer: Nami Tentou
Publisher: Nami Tentou
Store Links –
- Graphics - 7/107/10
- Sound - 6/106/10
- Accessibility - 7/107/10
- Length - 6/106/10
- Fun Factor - 7/107/10