Double Pug Switch Review (Steam)
Double Pug Switch is a tough sidescrolling platformer, you take control of a pug who can switch dimensions due to a catastrophe in a lab. Run, jump, power-up, and cry your way through several levels of doggy dimension goodness.
- Cartoon graphics.
- 689mb Download size.
- Steam achievements.
- Controller support.
- Level select section.
- Hat shop-buy new hats with in-game currency.
- Cartoon style cutscenes.
- Endless runner gameplay.
- Gimmick-you play as two dogs and can swap between them with a button press which changes how the level looks and what platforms show or are hidden.
- Brief tutorial segments.
- Fast loading times.
- Very easy to pick up and play.
- Bouncy happy soundtrack.
- Simple controls.
- Constant checkpoints.
- Collectibles-coins and medals that are used for the hat shop.
- Very reflex heavy.
- Boss fights.
- Multiple routes.
- Collect power-ups to change how you play like shrinking or faster movement.
- Secrets to find.
- Nods and Easter eggs to other games and characters.
- Fast respawn.
- No graphics settings.
- Only one control scheme.
- Has a counter for best distance but it doesn’t actually get recorded or mean anything.
- Checkpoints far apart in places.
- The slight learning curve to jumping in terms of how high and far you go.
- No leaderboards.
- Restarting has you pressing a button that slows the pace.
- Very reflex heavy.
- Graphics - 7/107/10
- Sound - 7/107/10
- Accessibility - 7/107/10
- Length - 7/107/10
- Fun Factor - 7/107/10
Double Pug Switch is an endless runner game that takes you back to a time when reflexes and timing matter. You play as two Pugs that exist in two different dimensions and can swap between them at will..what this means in simple terms is you press a button and some platforms appear or disappear depending on which Pug you are. As an endless runner, all you can do in terms of controls is press jump or hold jump longer to do a higher jump, you just have to avoid obstacles, collect coins and do some insane platforming. It’s a fun game and every now and then I do enjoy the odd endless runner, this one is perfectly fine, it’s easy to get into, you have coins and medals to find so you can buy new hats and it’s all good fun. My inability to time jumps and react fast enough proved to be my inevitable downfall and with no settings or difficulties that is where my Pug stayed, in some far-off dimension constantly falling into a pit because his human couldn’t react fast enough. Overall Double Pug Switch is an entertaining addictive little game that’s difficulty is determined by your reflexes and skill.