Dragon Marked For Death Review (Steam)
Dragon Marked For Death is a 2D side-scrolling action RPG game where up to 4 players can play together in online multiplayer. The characters, known as the Dragonblood Clan, have forged a pact with the Astral Dragon, which granted them special new powers.
- Beautiful modern pixel art graphics.
- 816MB Download size.
- Steam achievements.
- Controller support.
- Graphics-fullscreen, display mode, and resolution.
- Full controller setup for buttons.
- 3 save slots.
- Four initial characters to play as-Empress, Warrior, Shinobi, and Witch. There are a further two characters to unlock. (these were DLC characters on the Nintendo Switch version)
- Character customization-set your color, name, and voice type.
- Each character has unique features and attacks.
- Action-platformer gameplay.
- Loot can be found in chests and drop from enemies. You can get items marked ??? And you won’t be able to use these or know what they are until you appraise them.
- The end of the quest screen shows your loot and lets you appraise any items for free.
- Earn EXP and level up to earn points to put into your stats.
- Tutorial pop-ups of controls.
- Camera-can zoom in and out.
- Fast loading times.
- Damage and exp numbers show.
- Single-player and multiplayer support.
- Town–acts as a hub and has an Inn for getting quests, going online, etc, a shop, a place to go to reset your stats, and more unlocks.
- Main missions along with optional side missions.
- Different mission types from kill enemies to boss battles to escorts missions and find treasure.
- A lot of replay value.
- Plays really well in multiplayer.
- No actual save button so you are never sure if it saved.
- The learning curve with the combat.
- No way to speed up or skip character interactions.
- Slow starter.
- Initial gamble on which character class to play as they are wildly different when in the field.
- Graphics - 8/108/10
- Sound - 8/108/10
- Accessibility - 8/108/10
- Length - 8/108/10
- Fun Factor - 8/108/10