Eggcelerate Review (Steam)
Eggcelerate! is a silly yet very challenging time-trial racing game where you try over and over again to improve your time without dropping an egg.
- Decent Chunky low poly graphics.
- 280.56MB Download size.
- Steam achievements.
- Controller support.
- Graphics-fullscreen and resolution.
- Random car every attempt-on/off.
- Time Trial racing gameplay.
- Goal-get to the finish line in the fastest time possible without dropping the egg that is in a basket on your roof.
- Eggs and baskets randomize with the car.
- Can replay levels via the level select menu.
- Strong physics engine at work.
- So easy to get into.
- Fun to play.
- Environmental obstacles.
- Simple controls.
- Instant restarts.
- Broken eggs stay on the course.
- Happy bouncy soundtrack.
- You can pick your car, egg, and basket.
- Unlock new cars, eggs, and baskets.
- Each track has a leaderboard showing your best time and the Dev time.
- A lot of achievements! 87 of them.
- No built-in online leaderboards.
- Can’t skip levels.
- Any level involving jumps instantly sucks as it is so hard to manage.
- No word on how to get the unlocks.
- Graphics - 8/108/10
- Sound - 7/107/10
- Accessibility - 8/108/10
- Length - 8/108/10
- Fun Factor - 8/108/10
Eggcelerate is a game whereby you have an egg in a basket on your car roof and you need to navigate the level and get to the end. Sounds simple and to be honest it kinda is but the charm and playability of it all make for a refreshing palette cleanser of sorts. I could turn it on and have a good laugh, who cares if I made progress, just the sheer fear of unknown and crazy hijinks is enough to satisfy me. They have absolutely nailed the handling, the level design is good as it mixes smoothly with tough terrain in equal measures. Overall it’s just so much fun and I should be commended for not using one egg pun.