Elderand Review (Nintendo Switch OLED)
For our Elderand Review, we play a Lovecraftian-inspired story-driven action RPG game with skill-based combat. Explore and Fight in a dreadful world rich in treasures and deadly creatures. Elderand is a love letter to Castlevania with modern elements. Make your own path as you unveil the darkness.
Elderand Review Pros:
- Decent 16-bit graphics.
- 2.7GB download size.
- Character creator – appearance, skin color, and hair color.
- Tutorial signs as you play.
- Action RPG gameplay.
- 2D side scroller.
- Flags allow you to save, fast travel and reset attributes.
- Slick animations.
- Nine save slots.
- Earn EXP and get attribute points.
- Four attributes to increase, strength, dexterity, wisdom, and vitality.
- Metroidvania style progression.
- Loot chests to find.
- Enemies spawn back after re-entering a section.
- The map fills in as you explore, and shows any points of interest.
- Have two sets of weapons equipped which is usually melee and ranged weapon.
- Stamina is in the game for pushing, dashing, and dodging jumping.
- Loot from breakables is random.
- Boss fights.
- Blood ritual sequences.
- Gets very addictive.
- Does have enough room for you to explore.
- Enemies respawn frequently so you can farm and level up your character.
- As you progress the combat gets really satisfying and varied.
Elderand Review Cons:
- The tutorial text isn’t always correct it says to drink potions with the A button but it’s in fact the L shoulder button.
- Cannot rebind controls.
- The first hour is a hard slog as you learn the controls, Gather good weapons, and generally get good.
- The game doesn’t prompt you to spend the upgrade points.
- No touchscreen support.
- Dying has you just reloading your last save or the game, kinda disappointing and doesn’t fit the game.
- Hit detection is really bad on slopes.
- Has a small capacity for potions.
- Performance hits happen frequently.
- Hard to get potions.
Related Post: Dogurai Review (Xbox Series S)
Developer: Sinergia Games
Publisher: Sinergia Games
Store Links –