Exocorps Preview (Steam Early Access)
ExoCorps is Jetpack Powered Exosuit Deathmatch! Prepare for intense aerial dogfights with Lasers and Missile Swarms. Hunt your foes across vast landscapes. Avoid detection by managing heat, then let loose with viscous barrages of cannon-fire, railguns, missile rain, and more.
- Decent graphics.
- 2353mb download size.
- Graphics-Resolution, fullscreen, max frame rate (30/60/90/120/unlimited), graphics quality, shadow quality, anti-aliasing, environment detail, v-sync, motion blur, depth of field, ambient occlusion, bloom, distortion, and lens flare.
- Invert axis and sensitivity sliders for the mouse.
- Controller support.
- HUD spacing slider.
- Customize character.
- Four game modes-tutorial, play offline, join a match, and host match.
- Arena shooter gameplay.
- Five arenas on locations such as Mars and the Moon.
- Offline is against bots.
- Online has 3 modes- death match, team death match, and capture the flag.
- Photo mode.
- The gameplay is a big open arena shooter with big guns, you shoot down pods for ammo and have a jetpack. It’s a cross between a Mech game and a fast-paced shooter like Doom or Quake.
- Fast paced shooter.
- Relatively easy to grasp as it’s a case of point and shoot.
- You have a set of different guns like machine guns, miniguns, plasma, and lasers.
- Mini map shows enemy locations.
- Cool lock on feature.
- Antigravity can play a part.
- Online has bot support.
- Can’t rebind controls for either the keyboard or controller.
- Customize character is just change suit color.
- The tutorial shows keyboard controls only.
- Only 3 modes online.
- Small player base.
- No single player mode outside of bot matches.
- The tutorial is hard to do on a controller.
- Explosions and gunplay generally are very tame.
- No Steam achievements.
- More variety and customisation is needed.
I can see exactly what the devs are going for here, they are taking the arena shooter but, adding in a Mech style gun system and jetpacks in a huge open space. It works, it’s a game that is ambitious but it already sets a good example. I mean sure it’s lacking in a lot of ways from Controller rebinds to level variation and I would love to see more over the top explosions and gunfire. I liked what I played and the gunplay is loose but the lock on negates quite a lot, I’m keen to see where this goes, it’s one to keep an eye on and grab it if you don’t mind playing solo against bots or have a group of friends as the servers are criminally underpopulated. Exocorps, think Doom Mech warriors and you are near enough there! Oh and jetpacks!