F.I.S.T Forged In Shadow Torch Review (PlayStation 5)
For our F.I.S.T Forged In Shadow Torch Review, we must first go back to six years ago, the Machine Legion invaded and colonized Torch City, which was originally inhabited by animals. Rayton, the former soldier in the resistance war, has been living in seclusion since then. After his friend is forcibly arrested, Rayton reclaims his mechanical fist and steps to his journey fighting back. And he never expects that he has been involved in a bigger scheme between the mafia, the rebellion, and the legion.
F.I.S.T Forged In Shadow Torch Review Pros:
- Decent graphics.
- 19.59GB download size.
- Platinum trophy.
- Cross-buy with Playstation 4.
- Controller settings allow you to change the attack buttons and if you want to use the d-pad or the stick for movement.
- Five save slots.
- In-game cutscenes.
- Good voicework.
- Can skip the cutscenes.
- 2D perspective.
- 3D backdrop.
- Looks really good.
- Tutorial pop-ups as you play.
- Action-adventure gameplay.
- Transformers are pods located in areas and grant new abilities.
- Terminals allow you to heal, save and spend your credits on unlocking new skills on the skill tree.
- Enemies and caches drop Bolts which are the game’s currency.
- Metroidvania feels to it all.
- Autosaves regularly.
- The map fills in as you explore.
- Big boss battles.
- Can backtrack and farm enemies for credits.
- As you unlock new abilities you also expand the skill tree.
- Fantastic story.
- Excellent level design.
- A lot of fun to play.
- Has a Playstation 2 era style of game feel.
- Such a cool group of characters.
- They have built a world you want to explore every inch of.
- So engrossing it is almost hypnotic.
F.I.S.T Forged In Shadow Torch Review Cons:
- Cannot rebind controls.
- Not always clear where to go.
- Slow starter.
- The camera can go too far out at times.
- Difficulty spikes.
Related Post:Glo Review (PlayStation 5)
F.I.S.T Forged In Shadow Torch:
Developer: 暗影火炬 | Tigames
Publisher: 暗影火炬 | Tigames
Store Links –
- Graphics - 9/109/10
- Sound - 8/108/10
- Accessibility - 8/108/10
- Length - 8/108/10
- Fun Factor - 9/109/10
F.I.S.T Forged In Shadow Torch is a beautiful Metroidvania full of charm and excellent combat. It’s weird, it feels like a Playstation 2 era game? Not in a bad way but in a classic kind of way with some old-school choices and a bit of modern chucked in. I found the starting a bit slow as I learned the combat as even though it’s pretty straightforward, doing it without dying or taking needless damage is the real challenge and it does get better as you unlock upgrades. Talking of which when you upgrade your fist you also unlock and expand the skill tree, you can farm enemies to get the credits for the skill tree which is good as the costs are quite high. F.I.S.T really is a great game and it’s rather addictive as it balances the rewards and unlocks meaning you are always propelled forward, Boss fights suck but when don’t they? Seriously though F.I.S.T may look and sound generic but it really isn’t, you will fall in love with the characters, the world created, it’s a perfect cocktail of fun and challenge.