Fights In Tight Spaces Preview (Steam Early Access)
A stylish blend of deck-building, turn-based tactics, and thrilling animated fight sequences in classic action-movie settings. Learn to balance your hand, momentum, and positioning to overcome the odds to defeat your adversaries. Build your deck, control the space and live to fight another day.
- Decent graphics.
- Download size.
- Controller support.
- Graphics-fullscreen, resolution, v-sync, and anti-aliasing mode.
- Two modes-play and daily play.
- Four deck choices-balanced, counter striker, aggressive, and trickster. (the last 3 need to be unlocked through play)
- Roguelike as you have one life to get through.
- Five missions to chooses from-Deaths Head biker Gang, The insiders, Jade staff, I Completi, and Final mission.
- Optional tutorial level.
- Deckbuilding fighter gameplay.
- Combat is turn-based.
- Arena-based combat.
- You can knock enemies out of the arena or over railing etc.
- Smooth animations.
- Momentum-this is what determines what cards you can play.
- Icons will show on squares where enemies will enter the fight, if you block the square then they will not enter.
- Enemies-hold X to bring up the enemies stats, turn order, and if they are primed to attack.
- Replay-watch the whole fight play out with no stopping or pop-ups.
- Level select is on a map screen and you pick your destinations/route.
- Levels will have objectives and rewards.
- Build a deck over time with card reward choices.
- Play how you want.
- Very addictive.
- Enemies will attack/shoot anyone including their mates.
- Medical center-spend cash on health or health upgrades.
- The whole art style is fantastic, you are all in black, enemies are red and the world is white, it’s very vivid.
- Hovering over a card will show all the info on what it does.
- Clean clear interface and icons on the arena floor.
- The arena floor is made up of a grid and the arena can be a stock room, board room, or any room!
- Hands are discarded every round.
- You can bank momentum for future rounds.
- Fast loading times.
- Can move the camera around with the shoulder buttons.
- Gym-upgrade or remove cards.
- Maps, layouts, and enemies randomize every run.
- Variations can happen like protect an Ambassador who you have no control over but can move him with shoves and pushes.
- Random events can be had on the board and are text-based with a multiple choice outcome and rewards.
- Many enemy types with different stats, armor, and weapons.
- A lot to initially take in.
- Can’t see the objectives before entering a level.
- RNG is/can be a bitch.
It’s so hard to believe that when playing this game that it’s only in Early Access, it’s really well polished and full of content that it feels like a new release. Fights In Tight Spaces is a game that will take over your life, you play cards to do attacks and do crazy Bruce Lee type shit as you fuck anyone up. To keep it fresh you have pre-built decks and the game is a series of random events and encounters with you having control only over the direction, not the contents. Think Into The Breach but four times the size! This game is one where you get stuck in the just one more go loop or you have a daily run, it’s really quite the cool game what with the visuals how they are, and the gameplay as tight (pun completely intended) as it is. Don’t sleep on this game it’s going to be a hit!